Job at SNV Rwanda: WASH Private Sector Field Officer/ Nyanza, Rwamagana, Kicukiro, Ruhango (Deadline: 1 December 2017 )
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
OPENING DATE 17 November 2017
CLOSING DATE 1 December 2017
POSITION TITLE WASH Private Sector Field Officer
SALARY Commensurate with prior work experience and salary history
TYPE OF CONTRACT Consultant
PERIOD OF 1 year renewable
PLACES OF PERFORMANCE Districts of:
WHO MAY APPLY Rwandan nationals residents of the targeted districts
SNV is currently seeking four WASH Private Sector Field Officers for Isuku Iwacu Activity funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The WASH Private Sector Field Officer will be responsible for implementing and coordinate all private sector activities under intermediate results 1 and 2 at the district level to scale up sanitation demand and supply. The officer will provide on-the-job assistance and mentoring to pertinent local government officials, saving groups and cooperatives, and local businesses, including those run by women and youth, taking an integrated approach to ensure complementarily and synergies across the three IRs.
The officer will also be responsible to collect and transmit to Kigali all Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning data. The officer will is based in one of the above-listed districts with occasional travel to other districts. A full description of the assignment is attached. QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or other sanitation marketing related fields.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in strengthening the capacity of local businesses and/or saving groups
- Experience in supporting WASH activities
- Experience in working with district officials, local businesses and/or saving groups
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the targeted district.
- Knowledge and understanding of the district private sector development required.
- A proven ability to work collaboratively with and build consensus among private and public sector stakeholders.
- Proven experience developing written deliverables, such as schedules and reports.
- Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops.
- Experience working with USAID-funded project or other donors.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and detail-oriented, with a proactive planning and execution.
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams, build consensus, and effectively coordinate with internal and external actors is highly desired.
- Ability to coordinate activities with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Must have working computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others, and comfort with learning new applications as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to any of the targeted districts.
- Working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Excellent communication skills in Kinyarwanda, English and French
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills.
Applicants must fully meet the qualification requirements. Qualified individuals are requested to submit cover letter and resume ONLY in English and Word (.doc) or Acrobat (.pdf) format, addressing above-listed qualifications and requirements; and providing names, professional relationship, contact numbers and email addresses of three professional references, including at least two former supervisors. Candidates shall also need to submit filled biodata (refer to attachment blank biodata).
Cover letters and resumes’ file name must include candidate name i.e. johndoeresume.doc or johndoeresume.pdf and johndoecoverletter.doc or johndoecoverletter.pdf. Cover letters and resumes must be emailed to: [email protected] with a Subject line: WASH Private Sector Field Officers, NAME OF DISTRICT – USAID-funded Isuku Iwacu Activity. Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Any/All application submissions after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted and selected candidates will be contacted/ notified.
- No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.