Job at True D Logistics : Accountant Employer: True D Logistics ltd (Deadline: 06 July 2018)
True D Logistics is a private limited company whose offices are located at Gikondo, Kigali Rwanda. Newly established company, True D Logistics’ core business is wholesale/Retail of imported commodities and provision of cargo overhauling in East Africa.
The company is keen at aggressively expand its customer base, hence increasing its revenues. In this perspective, True D Logistics through CiMg & Associates (www.cimg.co.rw) is looking for talented people to fill the position of Accountant
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the storekeeper in the daily requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay and receipts transactions.
- Manage all bank accounts and ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct weekly bank reconciliation
- Ensure the company does not run a stock shortfall
- Explore ways of minimizing company’s operating costs, from the importation to distribution and other administrative costs.
- Identification of risks in business management process and advise accordingly
- Preparation of payment vouchers to be approved by either the Managing Director or the Director of Finance & administration
- Prepare and submit relevant tax declaration on time to avoid unnecessary penalties.
- Advise on the optimal pricing policy
- Prepare monthly payroll and prepare timesheets and wages payments for casual workers.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities aligned with company’s business plan.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls
- Ensure all postable accounts are updated on daily basis
- Review of daily stock inventory reports.
- Record cash and credit sales
- Record daily cash inflow and outflows.
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy of accounts.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the General Manager and DAF regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Ensure the general ledger is accurate and timely to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the company
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 2-3 years of related experience in profit making organization
- Good financial analysis skills
- Superior costs accounting technical knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting processes, management of accounting operations, internal controls, generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting and taxation rules, regulations and appropriate practices
- The ability to accurately prepare and interpret financial data
- Experience with QuickBooks, MS Excel and MS Office
- A liking for detailed work requiring attention and diligence
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Time management, and attention to detail,
- The ability to solve problems with initiative and flexibility
- The ability to learn quickly
- Multi-task and trouble-shoot
Please submit your resume via e-mail to [email protected] along with a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are interested in the mission/values/activities of True D Logistics and why you are qualified for this position. In the e-mail subject line please write “Accountant-True D Logistics.”
Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls are allowed please!