Job at Wellspring Academy : Deputy Principal for the Secondary School (Deadline: 8 June 2018)
“Not to be served but to serve”
Vacancy for Deputy Principal for the Secondary School at Wellspring Academy
THE VISION of Wellspring Academy is to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
THE MISSION of Wellspring Academy is to educate and equip students to become highly skilled, Godly leaders, and agents of community transformation.
Nature and Scope of Job:
The Wellspring Academy Secondary Deputy Principal assists the School Principal in the instructional leadership, Staff Professional growth (PLCs), Curriculum development and assessment, Students’ discipline, Public relations, Resource management, and in any other duty as assigned by the Principal in the process of achieving the school vision and mission.
- To play a full role in the senior leadership of the school.
- To take a lead in relation to certain activities. These will include curriculum planning, strategic planning, policy development in certain areas and leadership of all Wellspring Academy wide quality issues.
- To contribute to the work of the school in a variety of ways not specifically listed.
- To share with other members of the senior leadership team responsible for team leaders and coordinators.
- To deputize for the Principal as required.
The Secondary Deputy principal will report to the School Principal on the overall administration of instructional program and the general school level operations.
Required Spiritual Qualities
- Acknowledge Christ as Savior and seek to live life as his/her disciple.
- Demonstrate a desire for spiritual growth as evidenced by his or her prayer life, Bible study, and spiritual outreach to others
Required Professional Qualities
- Hold a Master’s degree with Education from an accredited higher learning institution. Have served as a Vice-principal or in school administration for at least 2 consecutive years
- Three years experience as a classroom teacher with additional experience in instructional leadership roles
- Being knowledgeable with International Schools requirements (CIE, IB, and AP.)
- Demonstrate a good level of computer literacy.
1. A committed, born-again Christian who demonstrates his/her faith in action
2. A person who embodies and believes in the principles of the vision and mission statement
Personality and skills:
1. At least 35 years old, exemplary in character
2. Organized and have the capacity to make decisions
3. An inspirational leader who can value and motivate both staff and students
4. Totally fluent in English, Kinyarwanda (written and speaking) and French is an added value
To apply, send the following documents to:
The Principal of Wellspring Academy:
- Cover letter stating reasons for applying to this job and statement of faith.
- Full CV with qualification copies
- At least three professional and character references
Closing date for application: June 8, 2018
Provision date for interview: June 20, 2018
Commencement date: July 1st, 2018