Job at World Vision International (Rwanda): Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs Team Leader. (Deadline: 07 September 2017)
GIK & HUMANITARIAN AND EMERGENCY AFFAIRS TEAM LEADER
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of GIK & Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs Team Leader. The position will be based in Kigali at the Head Office and reporting to the Intergrated Programs Director.
Purpose of the position:
Ensure the coordination and integration of HEA and Disaster Management activities in line with the World Vision Rwanda strategy and goal. To develop innovation and create means of promoting Gift in kind Ministry in the national office as well as the ADPs and Projects.
This is part of transformation development, as part of the World Vision statement.
The major responsibilities include:
- Build the capacity of the NO to prepare for and respond to humanitarian crisis
- Support refugee response proposal development, design and implementation in adherence with international humanitarian standards
- Develop, initiate and implement plans and strategies for the GIK Programme and to develop marketable proposals and requests to access potential GIK for the National Office.
- Conduct assessments for both rapid onset and slow onset disasters and advice the Integrated Programs Director on actions to be taken.
- Lead the preparation of the National Office GIK fiscal year planning chart for submission to support Offices
- Lead the development ofNational Disaster preparedness plans (NDPP)
- Facilitate the integration of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) into programming
- Participate in theNational Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) activities
- Facilitate the completion of NO DM scorecard and follow up the implementation of action plans to meet the targeted scores
- Generate Disaster Early Warning for Early Action report on monthly basis and share internally and with EARO HEA team for regional consolidation and further analysis
- Facilitate the development of Community Disaster Preparedness Plans (CDPPs)
- Consolidate all the GIK CTS reports per shipment and ensure that it balances up with what was received and distributed
- Build the capacity of community leaders, community ERDM committees and other partners in track1
- Develop a verification process of all the data entered in the CTS. Maintain communication channels with ADPs and Partners to address discrepancies, and maintain the integrity of all CTS data.
- Maintain all CTS system documentation materials and make recommendations for adjustments as would be necessary.
- Consolidate all the GIK CTS reports per shipment and ensure that it balances up with what was received and distributed.
- Engage in and ensure proper liaison and networking with MIDIMAR, INGOs, donors and represent in high level regional meetings, global conferences and decision making forums related to HEA and Disaster Management
- Submit timely monthly report to the Integrated Programs Director Submit timely monthly report to the Integrated Programs Director
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written English and sensitive to other cultures.
- Creates and encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
- Actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with government, donors and stakeholders.
- Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
- The incumbent must hold a university degree in Disaster management, Economics/Social sciences, development studies, Environmental sciences or relevant field. Masters degree in relevant field is an added asset
- Must have 5 years’ experience in Disaster mitigation and emergency response preferably with INGO, UN agencies or Government.
- Must have experience in the security field, HEAT trainings
- He/she must have a thorough knowledge of office system, including a high degree of computer competency.
- Must be a highly pro-active person with ability to act quickly and to coordinate numerous activities at the same time.
- Must have excellent communication skills and should be proficient in English and Kinyarwanda.
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected](no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 7th September, 2017; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks