Job at World Vision International (Rwanda) : Transport Officer (Deadline: 02 November 2017)
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 17 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Transport Officer. The position will be based in Kigali at the Head Office and reporting to the Administration Manager.
Purpose of the position:
To monitor WV vehicles Usage &Maintenance in a manner that will provide reliable
Transportation services in a way that protects the organization’s image and relationship with the public in line with WV vehicle policy.
In order to succeed, the Transport Officer must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others – must be a role model, practice servant leadership and be an ambassador for WV ministry in areas where WVR has operations
The major responsibilities include:
- Ensure proper filing and documentation is in place for all vehicles and motorcycles. Follow up with vehicles and motorcycles clearing, registration and insurance in line with WV vehicle policy. Have separate updated files for each vehicle to have all related documents from purchase to date, Temporary Importation letters, including repairs/maintenance and other fleet related issues
- Prepare and avail timely reports of Vehicle movement, fuel consumption, maintenance, accidents and other fleet related issues. Generate analysis from reports for the manager’s review and further action
- Monitor the vehicle tracking tool/system and produce periodically a report on vehicle performance (fuel consumption/km/vehicle. Respect of speed, respect of vehicle use policy).
- Review payment related to vehicles and motorcycle services, plan & provide training for drivers in consultation with managers.
- Plan, organize and manage the work of Drivers to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with WVR requirements.
- Supervise drivers as required. Test all new drivers, needing authorization to drive.
- Ensure better planning and scheduling for the staff and visitors. Provide and coordinate transportation for WVR staff and visitors.
- Advice managers/users on the status of vehicles, time of disposal and project future implication.
- Follow up of rules and policies for fleet management. Contribute and implement WVR vehicle/transport policy
- Maintain vehicle service and inspection records to ensure compliance with manufacturers’ servicing schedules or leasing companies’ maintenance requirements and ensure all vehicles are cleaned & in good condition.
- Receive initial accident reports and follow up with Police and Insurance Company in collaboration with the respective managers in line with WV vehicle policy.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A Diploma in Mechanics and three years’ experience in the same job
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks
- Be able to work under stress, serving top management and expatriates staff with different urgent things to do.
- Proficient in the English Language, both spoken and written.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on wvrwanda [email protected](no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 2nd November 2017; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks