Job at Children’s Voice Today: Driver (06 June 2017)
Children’s Voice Today (CVT)
Employer: Children’s Voice Today
Job Location: Based in Kigali with frequent travels to the field
Deadline: 6th June 2017
Children’s Voice Today (CVT) is an organisation that was established to promote the rights of the child through meaningful child participation where children/youth initiate and lead all activities of the organisation (Child/youth led organisation).
Children’s Voice Today (CVT) Rwanda is a member of the African Movement of Working Children and Youth (AMWCY) which was established by children and youth themselves to find solutions to the problems of working children and youth while promoting their rights and creating a safe environment for all children.
Children’s Voice Today (CVT) is envisioning a child-friendly society whereby children are empowered to meaningfully participate in addressing issues affecting them and that their voices are heard.
With its mission,
Children Voice Today (CVT), in partnership with Save the Children International (SCI) Rwanda, is implementing a five year project funded by the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) known as ‘Accountable Governance delivering child rights in Rwanda’. The project started in the current year of 2017 and is expected to phase out at the end of 2021. The project is going to be implemented in four Districts (Burera, Kirehe, Ruhango and Nyarugenge) and has got national level interventions.
Under this framework, CVT is recruiting for the above mentioned Project, a Driver who will support its implementation:
Core Work Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all field transport requirements are met
- Keeping up-to-date the sub office travel board
- Keeping vehicle transport requests.
- Driving project staff whenever to field sites
- Ensuring that good driving practices and security of vehicle is of high standard
- Ensuring that driving safety procedures are respected by all Save the Children staff
- Making vehicle monthly fuel consumption report to the line manager
- Notifying the line manager any maintenance and vehicle repairs due.
- Carrying out daily checking of all vehicle
- Filling out vehicle log book
- Keeping the vehicle in clean and good condition
- Carrying out courier delivery
- Assisting the line manager in following up maintenance and up keep of office and international staff houses.
- Rwanda national
- Possesses a valid national driving permit of category A and B
- Must be physically fit
- Able to work long hours
- At least secondary education or having a certificate from a mechanical recognized institution
- Having vehicle mechanical skills
- Having knowledge in supply chain logistics is an asset
- Able to communicate in French or English
- At least 5 years of driving experience
- Should be Computer literate
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Approachable and good listening skills
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Open minded and friendly
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application letter written in English along with their CV to: [email protected] before the 6th June 2017. The CV should include 3 referees with their address. Please include The Job Title in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.