Jobs at HIGH EDUCATION COUNCIL :Education Research & Development Specialist (Deadline :15 May 2018 )
1.Coordinate the graduate tracer study and employers’ satisfaction
– Design and be responsible for supervision of National student satisfaction survey;
– Development of tools to be used for carrying out graduate tracer study;
– Organize and facilitate trainings of field workers;
– Coordinate in data collection;
– Supervise in Data processing;
– Analyze collected data and writing reports;
– Support and advise in the collection of labour market data;
2. Coordinate all Higher Education Statistical data
– Design data collection tools and manage Higher Education database
– Produce Higher Education Statistical data for the Year Book Report
– Facilitate trainings to field workers
3. Contribute in the establishment of strategic and operational plans
– Liaise with Higher Education Academic Researchers in delivery of HEC strategic research objectives;
– Direct research
– related activities within the Institution;
– Maintaining a good relationship between Higher Learning Institutions research Directors and the Council;
– Facilitate to the planning and delivery of research development events, including workshops, training and reporting.
– Advise the Head of Department on matters related to research and development.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Education Planning, Educational Management & Administration, Education & Development, Applied Pedagogy, Psychology, Management with 3 years working experience; or Master’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Education Planning, Educational Management & Administration, Education & Development, Applied Pedagogy, Psychology, Management.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Good knowledge of Rwandan Education system;
– Ability to identify field and/or policy issues, develop innovative problem;
– solving strategies and work independently;
– A research experience in Education and project design;
– Computer Skills;
– Organizational Skills;
– Communication Skills;
– High analytical Skills;
– Time management Skills;
– Team working Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.