SNV Netherlands Development Organization :Country Finance Manager (Deadline: 28 September 2018 )
- Kigali, Rwanda
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organization founded in the Netherlands in 1965 with a global presence in 30 countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors with the belief that no one should have to live in poverty and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. SNV contributes to these sectors by strengthening the capacity of targeted partners and communities at the field level to realize increased skill sets and sustainable performance; reduce poverty levels and expand employment; and improve food security while paying special attention to gender equity, social inclusion of marginalized groups and stakeholder accountability.
SNV Rwanda is seeking qualified candidate for the position of Finance Manager to further strengthen the support team in managing financial and non-financial data in the country office and project implementation for sectors, within the country and global financial guidelines and directions, partnership / funding requirements, accounting and reporting regulations using data and input from colleagues aimed at a complete and up to date insight on the financial performance of the projects. The position holder will also perform administrative work and maintaining appropriate internal controls and financial records of the organization.
· Finance strategy for country: develop and implement Finance strategy for the country, taking
into account country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines and donor regulations.
· Management of Country Finance function: Organize the Finance function in the country and manage the employees, activities and all aspects within the team, in accordance with the approved plan, budget and relevant procedures, in order to realize the department’s objectives.
Monitor internal and donor requirements and oversee the development and implementation of updated work methods and procedures.
· Advisory services: Act as source of expertise and business partner for management and Project Managers on issues concerning Financial Management, performance indicators and related legal issues.
· Management and donor reporting: Analyze and interpret financial performance, country/project trends and financial status of projects; present monthly the financial consolidated reports to Country Management.
· Support and give guidance to project managers and project administrators in providing accurate and timely financial data to SNV donors according to donor requirements.
· Financial Planning and Control: Lead the development, consolidation, forecasting and periodical review of the country and project budgets and funds.
· Ensure control, monitoring and execution of all financial related activities in the country, including logistics, purchasing and ICT Services.
· Financial Accounting & Administration: Execute all necessary financial accounting activities and checks, assuring complete and correct allocation of costs and time, ensure adherence to tax related requirements/compliance and ensure that internal and external financial reporting complies with the relevant financial standards and regulations.
· Management Information: develop and provide financial Management Information statements and financial reports and analyses to relevant internal and external parties.
Internal Control: Increased reliability of financial systems and effective contribution to risk mitigation
•Well-seasoned level of financial professional, with strong experience in Finance and audit and full understanding of the core processes and can acts as discussion partner on country level for financial matters.
•Advanced financial degree and professional accounting qualifications. Masters’ in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance)
•At least 7 years at senior level in finances responsibilities for an international organization or private institutions;
•Conceptual working and thinking level with several years of experience in finance and administration;
•Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds,
•Experience in Grant accounting/management
•Proven experience in risk management;
•Excellent communication and organization skills.
Knowledge, Technical expertise and Abilities:
- Conceptual working and thinking level with several years of experience in finance
- OR higher vocational working & thinking level with many years of experience in finance
- Practical & applied knowledge level
- Well grounded, well-seasoned financial professional, with full understanding of the core processes
- Academic qualification – MBA or MSc. Finance or professional Accounting qualification
- Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural environment with high sensitivity and respect for cultural diversity.
- Attention to details, preciseness in the execution of tasks, solution-oriented working approach and negotiation.
Language requirements: Very Good command of English.
Computer Skills: Proficiency /Knowledge of Microsoft Office and skill in the use of Excel, including complex/compound spreadsheets and other accounting package is essential.
Reporting level: Reports to Country Director
Work Pattern (Full Time or Part Time)
Expected start date
As soon as Possible
How to apply?
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to directly submit your motivation letter and CV (both in English) to the Country Director of SNV Rwanda
Deadline: Friday September 28th, 2018.
Please send your application letter and CV with position title as subject.
Providing up to three referees will be an advantage as you apply.
N.B: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted