TRI-SEEDS Co Ltd
TRI-SEEDS Co Ltd
2 Positions of Seed Technicians at TRI-SEEDS Co Ltd: (Deadline 15 August 2020)
ABOUT TRI- SEED COMPANY LTD:
TRI-Seed Co. Ltd is a Rwandan Profit making Organization, established in May 2019 by prominent Rwandan investors who were inspired to contribute to Rwanda’s development agenda, of improving the quality of life and standards of rural-based Rwandans directly through gainful employment in seed production and distribution, and enhancing farmers’ access to improved seeds.
TRI- Seeds Co Ltd seeks to recruit a qualified and competent individuals to fill the full-time staff position of seed technician for its upcoming project “Seeds multiplication in Nyagatare and kirehe.
Seed production technicians manage the planning, strategy, and production of seed for a company. They assist growers with planting, scouting seed fields, and the operation of seed-related equipment. A career in seed production will also include work inside a warehouse facility sorting, bagging, and participating in other operational duties.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The seed Technician will be responsible for the following key tasks and responsibilities;
- Be accountable for each of the company’s seed production areas;
Monitor all production activities
- Saw Quantity
- Date of sowing
- Date of harvesting
- Harvesting forecasts
- Agronomic Advice
- Develop seed crops;
- Control data accuracy;
- Evaluate seed producer production results;
- Setup Quality test and seed production performance evaluation;
- Conduct seed operation activities;
- Manage production staff in each location, providing direction to each farm manager;
- Negotiate and coordinate contracts for other organizations that are organizing contract growers;
- Negotiate and coordinate contracts for contract processors to process, bag, and delivery seed;
- Identify new production areas;
- Ensure production supply year-round;
- Produce high-quality seed in budgeted quantities for domestic, and possibly international markets;
- Oversee the parent seed function ensuring budgeted levels of parent seed are maintained;
- Develop and execute divisional budgets and plans.
- Provide harvesting forecasts reports timely
- Closely predetermine the dates for sowing and harvesting
- Timely processing of attendance lists for a casual worker on site.
- All other implied deliverables
- Manages resources and deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Responsible, flexible, adaptable and takes initiative
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse organization,.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda;
- A degree in Crop production, biotechnology, botany, genetics, agriculture, horticulture or crop or plant science is normally required;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Seed or Agricultural industry;
- Good understanding of seed systems, production process of seeds especially Hybrid Maize seeds;
- Experience in agriculture research for development of seed systems;
- Skills in working with farmer cooperatives and contract farming with out-growers
HOW TO APPLY
- All qualified applicants should apply through Job in Rwanda using the email: [email protected] not later than 15th August 2020.
- The application should contain a CV with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, experience, present position, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 1 page) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Only short-listed candidates will undergo written examination and oral interview.