6 Positions of Legal Translator/Interpreter at SUPREME COURT: (Deadline 3 August 2020)
The translators/Interpreters will be responsible for translating case Law reports and other relevant legal documents from Kinyarwanda to English / French ensuring:
1. Complete content accuracy: This entails accurate translation of content, facts and figures, footnotes and endnotes and all relevant legal terminology and no omissions from the source documents.
2. Grammar and style: Translated documents must be written in excellent English/French language, expression and grammar.
1. The translators/Interpreters must proofread and edit a minimum of eight (8) Law reports per month and ensure that there are no Typographical errors, complete content accuracy and correct grammar and style as mentioned above.
2. The translators/Interpreters shall put much emphasis on the selected Law reports to ensure utmost suitability for publication both in hard copies and online for public use.
3. The translators/Interpreters simultaneous shall do Legal Interpretations in court room or conferences from English to Kinyarwanda or French to Kinyarwanda and vice versa whenever it is deemed necessary by courts.
• A Master’s Degree in Law from a reputable institution
• Proof of having studied English and Kinyarwanda Languages at higher/professional levels.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Legal Practice and research
• Bachelors’ Degree in law with minimum of 6 years proven experience in translation of Legal documents from Kinyarwanda to English and French for law firms and/research institutions or other users of Legal documents.
• A demonstrated experience in drafting of case law reports and other legal documents.
• A demonstrated experience in simultaneous Legal Interpretations in court room or conferences from English to Kinyarwanda or French to Kinyarwanda and vice versa