Country Director at Norrsken, Kigali: (Deadline Open until Filled)
We believe that entrepreneurs building scalable businesses is the best way to solve most of our world problems. In our first three years, we created Europe’s largest impact tech hub with Norrsken House (currently housing 450 members in Stockholm), the world’s biggest early-stage impact VC and started four companies.
We are now expanding to Kigali, Rwanda and we are looking for our Country Director to lead the vision of setting up the largest startup ecosystem for East Africa.
Together with our partners, we aim to support local entrepreneurs and help them access capital, knowledge, network and international markets.
Norrsken House Kigali will be located in the former campus “Ecole Belge” iconic building, providing an inspiring workplace to 800+ entrepreneurs, investors and other ecosystem actors.
You will be part of the management team reporting directly to the CEO.
Among other things, your responsibilities will be to:
- Make Norrsken House Kigali the centre of entrepreneurship supporting the founders of the region to succeed.
- Equip entrepreneurs with the right tools, resources and support system they need to grow into unicorns
- Build a platform to attract inflow of international investments into the region
- Make entrepreneurship accessible to more people
- Create synergies with private and public sector, including government, academia and corporates
- Create buzz and publicity locally, regionally and internationally
- Be an advocate for change in systems to enable high scale entrepreneurship
- Recruit, build and lead the Rwanda team
- Provide strategic direction to the team to ensure alignment with Norrsken House Kigali goals and objectives
- Manage the budget and P/L for the Rwanda operations with ownership on member growth, occupancy, revenue & margins.
Keep in mind that Norrsken is a startup at heart. We don’t know where this journey will take us. Things change fast, new opportunities come out of the blue, and as a result, your responsibilities will change over time as well.
We actively seek to recruit talented people from all backgrounds. You are a good fit if you:
- Are entrepreneurial and have at least 3+ years of experience running or setting up your own company, and/or working with a fast growing startup
- Have a strong understanding of how a business operates with 7+ years experience in operations, consulting, strategy, or a similar area.
- Have extensive experience is building partnerships both on the African continent and internationally
- Are passionate about technology and innovation
- Can act independently and think critically, and have an ability to work in and lead a dynamic flat organisation with little daily guidance.
- Understand what it means to work with tight deadlines and high demands for internal communication and innovation.
- Have exceptional presentation skills and shine on stage.
- Have a wide network of connections throughout Rwanda and East Africa, and also international exposure.
- Have the drive, will and attitude to enable real change and get others to do it with you.
Location: The job is based in Kigali Rwanda and involves travelling.
Starting time: As soon as possible. We will evaluate the applications on an ongoing basis and end the process as soon as we find the right candidate.
Please submit your resumé and cover letter and we will get back to you right away.