MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Data Analyst at at MINISTRY OF EDUCATION: (Deadline 23 September 2020)
The Ministry of Education is in the process of developing An Integrated Education Management Information System (IEMIS) to improve the overall efficiency of the education system. In this regard, MINEDUC is recruiting one Data Analyst to:
– Develop and implement data analysis, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
– Ensure analytical and dissemination tools are available and regular analysis of education data is accessible.
– Develop and implement a methodological approach and mechanism for systematic education data analysis reporting dissemination, and utilization tailored to each category of stakeholders ‘roles and responsibilities.
– Ensure the IEMIS capabilities related to data visualization, analytics and reporting are in line with existing policies, stakeholders need, relevant statistical methods.
– Assist the EMIS and Education Statistics Specialist in developing regular data analysis to facilitate decision making in the education sector.
– Engage stakeholders and facilitate trainings targeting national
– and district
– level education stakeholders to ensure they understand and can use the data provided by IEMIS.
– Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
– Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
– Collaborate with developers, senior data scientist engineer, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
– Provide technical support to all other tasks related to IEMIS development and deployment as requested by MINEDUC or its aligned institutions (REB, HEC, RP, RTB, UR, NESA).
Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Information management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering and Software Engineering, statistics, data science, economics or other relevant areas with Minimum 3 years of working experience in data analysis, education research, information management and/or demonstrated technical expertise in a relevant field.
Capable of organizing and facilitating trainings on data literacy and use, demonstrated ability to work productively with government and national systems. Knowledge of the Rwandan Education system is an asset. Good planning, organizing and communication skills and Fluency and excellent writing skills in English and Kinyarwanda are required.
The candidate must submit documents proving his/her experience as a Data Analyst. (Examples of proof: Appointment letter or Work certificate or Cover and last page of the signed contract).
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Proven experience in data models and reporting packages
– Proven experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
– Proven experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
– Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
– Ability to analyze data and generate reports by using business intelligent tools like power bi, tableau.
– Deep understanding of Rwanda education processes is an added advantage
– Good organizational, analytical, conceptualization and problem
– solving skills.
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
PROCESS TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS
1. Scan your National ID together with documents proving your experience as Data Analyst.
2. Upload the documents in the place of ID.
3. Scan your degree and upload it on the place of Degree.
4. Apply for the post