MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Data warehouse and Database Administrator at MINISTRY OF EDUCATION: (Deadline 23 September 2020)
The Ministry of Education is in the process of developing An Integrated Education Management Information System (IEMIS) in order to improve the overall efficiency of the education system. In this regard, MINEDUC is recruiting a Datawarehouse and Database administrator to:
– Develop an Education Data Warehouse while considering an integrated approach to data management systems development.
– Support data integration processes through the ETL approach to extract data from multiple source systems and other external sources, transform data in different formats to a unified form expected by the Education Data Warehouse as defined in the metadata standards and load or store the transformed data in the Education Data Warehouse.
– Ensure the daily administration of the data warehouse and IEMIS databases.
– Work closely with the System Integration Architect, Metadata Specialist and Software Developers to design and build an Education Data Service Bus and Data Warehouse, building on the analysis of business processes and needs, metadata standards, and interoperability framework.
– Ensure compliance to all specifications and documents all data warehouse administration activities.
– Assist in database design by mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database, update and amending existing databases , setup and test new databases and data handling systems and monitor database efficiency (performance and parameters) in order to provide fast responses to front
– end users.
– Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
– Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
– Develop digitalized and non
– digitalized training and engagement tools relevant to education stakeholders’ needs at all levels (Schools, Sectors, Districts and National level).
– Conduct trainings for data producers and users and stakeholders’ engagement activities.
– Provide technical and functional support to end
– users in a timely manner.
– Provide technical support in all other tasks related to data producers and users and stakeholders engagement as requested by MINEDUC and its aligned institutions.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Information management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering and Software Engineering or related fields, with 5years of relevant working experience.
Capable of designing, developing, managing data stores, databases, ETL system, and front
– end applications. Knowledge of relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object
– oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and RDBMSs database management systems. Good planning, organizing and communication skills and Fluency and excellent writing skills in English and Kinyarwanda are required. Knowledge of the Rwandan Education system is an asset.
The candidate must submit documents proving his/her experience as a Datawarehouse and Database administrator. (Examples of proof: Appointment letter or Work certificate or Cover and last page of the signed contract).
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Proven experience with data warehouse / database development and administration and information systems development.
– Proven experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
– Proven experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
– Proven technical expertise in designing, developing, managing data stores, databases, ETL system, and front
– end applications.
– Experience and expertise in ETL/ELTL and data warehouse concepts
– Good organizational, analytical, conceptualization, problem
– solving, interpersonal skills.
– Deep understanding of Rwanda education processes is an added advantage
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
PROCESS TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS
1. Scan your National ID together with documents proving your experience as Data Analyst.
2. Upload the documents in the place of ID.
3. Scan your degree and upload it on the place of Degree.
4. Apply for the post