Digital Festival Logistics Coordinator at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE): (Deadline 2 September 2020)
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change-makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
We believe that building bridges across sectors is a necessity to sustainably transform health education and delivery globally, but also to eliminate the gap between the most and least disadvantaged.
Homwe Festival, a platform that brings the health sector together with creative industries annually with the dual mission to create an enabling environment for strong collaboration between the health and creative sectors, as well as to generate new insights into global health challenges and corresponding solutions, using the unique and complementary vantage points of creative and global health professionals.
Title: Digital Festival Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Hamwe Festival Chief Organizer
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Nature of role: Fixed Term Contract – 4 months
Role Purpose: To contribute to the delivery of festival logistics of Hamwe 2020
The Digital Festival Logistics Coordinator will work with Hamwe team members and the festival partners to accomplish the tasks entailed in implementing the activities of the 2020 digital edition of the Hamwe Festival.
- Assist in the general operations of the digital festival as required day-to-day.
- Solicit, gather, and contribute to the briefing, plans, participation forms and planning and technical documents for each activity of the festival.
- Compile and maintain all information to create and update festival documentation and archive.
- Support festival guests in the preparation of digital performances and other participants to ensure the best quality possible in terms of sound, lighting, timekeeping, and other key aspects of each festival event.
- Contribute to social media such as Facebook and Twitter with the festival communication team.
- Assist the festival team in tracking participation and event attendance.
- Produce, update, and distribute schedules to all participants.
- Contribute to the negotiation of contracts and work with relevant UGHE departments to ensure timely payments
- Contribute to volunteer recruitment and ensure the efficient use of volunteers
- Perform other duties as required to maintain the smooth running of festival operations.
- Contribute to the festival reporting process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to event management and promotion is preferable
- Experience in coordinating operations of events, preferably digital events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate the following qualities: resourcefulness, creativity, and attentiveness to detail as well as a proven ability to work with a wide range of volunteers, staff, and guests.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should provide (1) National ID (2) a curriculum vitae and (3) a cover letter.
Please upload your cover letter and CV and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under “Additional Files” on the application page.