ELearning Advisor at IntraHealth: (Deadline 30 July 2020)
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi improves the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity partners with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives and data.
Summary of role
IntraHealth would like to hire the eLearning Advisor who will provide technical and programmatic direction related to the development and rollout of e-learning courses for community health workers (CHWs). This includes the production of instructional audio-visual materials that will be used during refresher training of CHWs. This activity is part of Ingobyi Activity’s support to the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. Under the leadership of Senior Malaria Specialist, the eLearning Advisor will supervise the Digital Health Officer and other eLearning team members.
- Re-designs e-learning management systems, making them accessible, flexible, and straightforward for users like community health workers.
- Works with project team to design and develop standards for shareable content object reference model (SCORM) compliant e-learning.
- Develops storyboards and scripts for e-learning.
- Collaboration with internal teams, external teams, and management to ensure requirements are being met and projects are kept on schedule.
- Integrates emerging instructional methods and technologies into e-learning.
- Coordinate audio-visual content review sessions and improves materials accordingly.
- Add/upload/edit several types of content to e-learning platform: text, image, and video.
- Monitor, document, and report the use of e-learning including user performance.
- Provide technical support to national and district trainers, facilitators, and end-users of the e-learning platform.
- Work with e-learning team at central level to provide technical support for harmonization of various e-learning systems and electronic records for community health workers.
- Use e-learning data to generate reports and lessons learned to help evaluate the program.
- Ensure positive user experience and adapt changes as needed.
- Represent the team in external meetings related to e-learning.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Masters’ s degree in multimedia design, graphic design, or instructional design, ICT, or a related field.
- At least 6 – 8 years of demonstrated experience as an e-learning developer/system designer.
- At least 2 years of experience using Adobe packages and learning management systems.
- A self-starter and able to work with minimal direction/guidance.
- Must have a lot of attention to detail.
Additional skills (Preferred)
- Experience in customizing learning management systems (e.g. Moodle or Articulate 360);
- Able to produce training programs for distance training;
- Knowledge in video production and graphic design;
- Advanced level in using Adobe creative suite with the focus on Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Adobe Audition, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign;
- Skills in software management and education techniques;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent follow-up, time management, and organization skills;
- Strong editing, written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Proactive technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding academic record at an accredited university; and
- Strong organizational skills.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes, and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources, and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested, apply before July 30, 2020 via the link below:
- Learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
- Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1