Executive Associate at Andela
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is seeking an Executive Associate who is a rockstar assistant able to provide administrative support to the Vice President, Partner Engineering.
Your personality reflects that
- You have a servant’s heart.
- You have a rare ability to bring order in a fast-paced environment.
- You are keen to learn how distributed teams work.
- You understand the significance of social capital and are great with people.
Your responsibilities will include
- Scheduling meetings and ensuring they are not double booked and that they start and end on time.
- Creating blocks of time during the day specifically for getting work done and ensuring no meetings are slated during those blocks.
- Setting aside one day a week where the executive has light/no meetings to allow them to focus more on work.
- You will be required to work with the recruiting team on finding a time that works best for both the candidate and the executive.
- Ensuring that candidates’ CVs are attached in the calendar invite and that the executive has full access.
- Working with the Guest and Travel team on organising this.
- Finding out the extent to which the executive will be involved in the visit and helping them get ready; preparing guest bios and presentation material whenever need be.
- Working with the Operations team on room set up.
- Ensuring the executive has the relevant material(slide deck) beforehand. If they are expected to present, helping them prepare the presentation.
- Setting aside time for them to go through the material and give their input if needed.
As distributed teams, there is a need for teams to come together once in a while. You will be expected to play a key role in making this happen:
- Sending out communication to the relevant stakeholders on the meetup.
- Working with the procurement department on sourcing for a venue of the meetup.
- Coordinating travel and accommodation logistics for teams coming from other centres.
- Preparing the agenda.
- Working with team members on coming up with swag( Branded t-shirts, water bottles, hoodies, etc)
- Making dinner reservations when need be and arranging transport to and fro.
- Preparing a travel itinerary whenever necessary.
- Booking flights and accommodations
- Arranging airport transfers; pick up and drop off.
- Ensuring the executive has travel allowance.
- Filing expense returns after the executive returns to the country.
- Owning and managing administrative tasks for the executive
- Anticipating the executive’s needs and proactively bringing together appropriate people/resources to support the executive’s initiatives.
- The scope of this role is unlimited. That said, once in a while, you will be required to help the executive with non-work related errands. This frees up time for them to focus on work.
What makes you a great fit for this role
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Professionalism- Must treat everyone with respect and adhere to the Andela Values.
- Good time management skills and ability to multi-task especially under immense pressure.
- Collaboration-The role requires working with teams across different centers and departments; being a team player is key.
- Organisational skills-Ability to create master systems and procedures to streamline and prioritise the different roles.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Integrity-Bear in mind that your actions could be a reflection of your executive; always do the right thing and keep your word.
- Resourcefulness-Ability to find alternate solutions to problems.
- Attention to details-Ensure nothing is missed or overlooked.
- Persistence- Ability to follow up on getting results without being confrontational.
- Discretion-Be trustworthy enough to handle confidential information.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org