FH Association Rwanda
FH Association Rwanda
Field Enumerators for Upscale Project at FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry): (Deadline 18 June 2021)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
FIELD ENUMERATORS FOR UPSCALE PROJECT
FH Association (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian, Relief and Development organization with a vision “All forms of Poverty ended worldwide” and a mission; “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty”. FH Rwanda operates in Kamonyi, Ruhango, Muhanga, Gatsibo, and Nyagatare districts and is looking forward to expanding its interventions in Ngororero district. Our Head Office is located at Umuyenzi Plazza, 2nd Floor, Kisimenti – Remera.
We are seeking to hire qualified, dedicated and experienced Rwandan National Enumerators to support in UPSCALE Socio-economic baseline survey in Nyagihanga Cluster, Gatsibo district.
Through a Consortium of European and African Partners, the European Union has funded a five-year 2020-2025 project: “Upscaling the Benefits of Push-pull Technology for Sustainable Agricultural Intensification in East Africa— (UPSCALE).” The project is implemented in five countries, namely, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Ethiopia. In Rwanda, the project is directly implemented by Food for the Hungry (FH) Association Rwanda and Rwanda Agriculture and Animal Resources Development Board (RAB) in Nyagihanga Sector, Gatsibo District in the Eastern Province.
The project has two main objectives; (i) address food security, livelihoods & climate change resilience in East Africa while reducing the environmental impact of agricultural practices. (ii) Foster the design, adaptation, and adoption of strategies for integrated agroecological management based on push-pull technology for wide-spread and climate-resilient sustainable intensification in East Africa.
The Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in collecting socio-economic data as per the requirements for its.
- Seek out respondents who fit the suggested profiles in assigned locations and collect data based on questionnaires developed and supplied by the program.
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires provided
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed.
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to FH, and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by FH.
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings, carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Work according to the FH’s needs.
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the organization.
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondent’s meaning or confusing the reader.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Enumerators should have:
- Bachelor’ degree or equivalent in Agricultural-related field, statistics, economics, Business, or the Social Sciences;
- Experience in data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry;
- Experience or knowledge of relevant agricultural production in Rwanda is an advantage;
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English and Kinyarwanda.
LOCATION OF POST
The enumerators will be based in Nyagihanga Sector, Gatsibo District in the eastern province of Rwanda. However, s/he may be required to make frequent travels within other location of Rwanda.
The contract is based on a “need for work” basis and remuneration will be paid based on the tasks carried out.
The enumerator may not work or be reimbursed for days beyond the maximum approved work/travel days without prior written approval from FH management.
Payment of enumerators will be done on satisfactory submission of the data after every 3 days. Where the work is not done to the satisfaction of the project team, the enumerator will be released. In the event an enumerator fills in less than required questionnaires, payment will be reduced
In no case shall the enumerator be reimbursed for more than eight (8) hours during an approved work/travel day and may not be paid for work on Saturdays and Sundays unless agreed in advance.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should fill in the Job Application Form and attach their cover letter and updated CV/Resume with three professional referees (including email address and day telephone contacts), not later than Friday 18th June 2021 using the following link: http://22.214.171.124/fhrwajobs/
FH Safeguarding Policy
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Done at Kigali on 14th June 2021