Gender, Youth & Social Inclusion Advisor at IntraHealth International
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. The GYSI Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Gender, Youth& Social Inclusion Advisor will provide overall technical leadership in the areas of gender equality integration and youth programming in FP/RH /MNCH/HIV/Malaria interventions. S/he will collaborate with other members of the project team to plan and implement the annual Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion Analysis and ensure that the results inform the annual work plan. Collaboratively s/he will introduce gender-transformative activities and/or scale up of evidence-based interventions promote gender equality and meet the needs of youth, especially adolescent girls. With capacity building as a guiding principle, s/he will engage closely with government and/or local NGOs on the design, management and monitoring of all field-based programs. The Gender and Youth Program Advisor will assess program, technical and training needs, lead youth and gender analysis, review and adapt training materials, provide training, and document/disseminate and contribute to evaluation and scaling up promising practices in facility and community settings that lead to increased availability, quality and use of health services by youth, women and girls.
This position will report to the Deputy Chief of party and consult regularly with the Senior Team Leader for Gender Equality and Health based in Chapel Hill.
- Plan and execute the annual Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion Analysis.
- Ensure that the results of the Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion Analysis translate into the workplan and quarterly into the collaborative learning and adapting (CLA) activities.
- Contribute to the design assessments and evaluations related to gender equality, GBV and youth development
- Plan and implement capacity-building activities in GBV/gender equality in collaboration with partner organizations,
- Build capacity of RHITES- E staff, sub-awardee partners, government and NGO partners in gender equality, GBV and youth programming related to the project’s health services
- Conduct and build capacity in gender analysis (e.g., project partners, district planners, etc.)
- Seek and maximize opportunities for synergy with other gender equality, GBV prevention and response and youth-friendly programming in project areas.
- Work with the SHRH project to implement the MOH“Guidelines for Gender Mainstreaming in HRM” for workforce improvements
- Develop annual gender and youth work plans and budgets in consultation with other program team members, finance and M&E team, and monitor the implementation of these work plans and budget.
- Plan and coordinate gender equality and youth activism (e.g., International Women’s Day (March) event and a coordinated 16 Days of Activism Against GBV (November/December).
- Identify and monitor gender-related project indicators to promote and document gender equality in R-HITES E project interventions.
- Maintain up-to-date statistics and gender program data in collaboration with the M&E department for the project’s gender related performance reporting.
- Document best practices and lessons learned in implementing gender equality and youth development activities in the project. Write reports, success stories, technical briefs and abstracts for presentations.
- Master’s degree in gender, health and development or master’s in public health or Social sciences.
- Five or more years work experience conducting gender analysis and integration, GBV prevention and response, engaging men and boys in health programs, and promoting women’s and girls’ empowerment
- Demonstrated familiarity with standard gender analysis and integration tools and methodologies, and knowledge of evidence-based interventions to promote gender-equality in FP/RH and other health programs
- Field experience in health programs
- At least two years’ experience providing technical advice and capacity building in programs targeting adolescent girls and youth and experience in adolescent friendly service delivery, youth development programming and coaching
- Experience interpreting qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong background in SBCC working with community and other civil society groups in the community outreach component.
- Conceptual thinker with excellent organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Experience as a trainer with a strong track record of implementing training strategies and programs.
- Experience working with a range of local government officials and government health facilities desired.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Computer literacy with standard business software (including Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Experience with U.S. Government-funded programs is desirable.
- Must be capable of working both in a team and independently to implement the duties described above.
- Willingness to travel within project region/country 80% of his/her work time.
- Innovation – Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence – Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) – Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Planning and Organizing – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be anequal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org