Graphics Design Associate (National Specialist) at UN Volunteers (UNFPA): (Deadline 16 September 2020)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the terms of the organization’s delegated authority, and under the direct supervision of the National Officer Communications and Resource Mobilization, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the overall UNFPA Country Office Communications Strategy, with particular focus on the digital communication, designs of advocacy materials, among which are:
- Preparing the design of documents, newsletters, brochures, flyers, invitations, posters, Creative infographics that reflect UNFPA results.
- Plan with program units to identify which projects and results to highlight
- Produce creative advocacy designs
- Support and lead the design process of reports and presentations for printing, electronic distribution and live delivery.
- Design invitation for events with images and other related materials.
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, web and interactive presentations.
- Deliver creative graphic and technical solutions for use of new media; Layout and design of power-point presentations as needed.
- Provide design inputs for presentations for all units on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist with design of social media assets on a daily basis.
- Input into proposals and pitch presentations for units.
- Input into the development of donor communication materials.
- The videographer/photographer will work with all units and partners to develop the various products within stipulated budgets and within set deadlines.
- Ensure photo and video coverage of all UNFPA events and field activities and shoot video footages.
- Assist in establishing and be responsible for maintaining a photo and video archive
- Deliver High quality footage for broadcast or non-broadcast production
- Deliver High-quality photos that can be re-produced in print, multi-media and online formats.
- Prepare photos and videos for social media use.
- Produce materials for websites and TV including short documentaries, interviews, animation, coverage, etc.
- Conduct thematic interviews with partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders linked to the project.
- Contribute actively to joint Communications initiatives, including for the joint UN and Regional communications materials
- Perform any other task as may be required;
- Set aside dedicated time for capacity development through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the-job training while working with national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, including Implementing Partners (IPs).
University degree or Advanced Diploma in Communication; with work experience in the communication or development area.
The incumbent must be a dynamic, multi-functional person, who supports UNFPA with professionalism, dedication and client orientation. The following qualifications are required:
- University degree or Advanced Diploma in Communication or relevant qualification; with work experience in the communication or development area.
- Three years progressively responsible professional work experience in communication and creative designs preferably in a development context.
- Excellent drafting skills, with experience in advocacy or promotion. Convey messages in a very simple, yet inspiring way
- Fully proficient in English and Kinyarwanda. Working knowledge of French would be an advantage
- Be capable of taking initiative and cope under pressure.
- Be fully proficient in Microsoft Office and Web Design Software
- Be organized, have leadership qualities and be a team player.
- Excellent skills in photography and video editing.
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Kinyarwanda(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
- Capacity for advocacy for population and development, Reproductive Health and gender issues
- Capacity to conduct programs based on government/districts priorities based on results
- Capacity of strategic thinking in logic of results chain
- Capacity in planning and programming
- Capacity to take initiatives and to anticipate
- Team player
- Good communication skills,
- Good knowledge of IT utilization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to promote the core values of UNFPA to the non-governmental, educational, business and government sectors;
- Other significant assets will be advanced user-level ICT skills, experience in working with multiple partners and a passion for bringing about change to improve human development.
- Knowledge of UN procedures will be an asset
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 16 September 2020