Infrastructure Lead at Irembo: (Deadline 4 September 2020)
Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products focused on users in Africa, starting with Rwanda. IremboGov, Irembo’s pioneer product, is a government services platform. To date, it has 8M+ users in Rwanda and oﬀers over 98 services online. We are using this experience to develop a wide range of products that will transform the tech ecosystem.
At Irembo, Engineers develop technologies that change the way millions of people interact with digital services. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems and push our products forward
What you will do:
- Architect, develop, test, and deploy Irembo infrastructure tools.
- Manage / Plan for the growth of Irembo Hardware (routers, switches, firewalls) etc
- You will develop effective communication channels between various teams – technical and non-technical.
- You will be expected to collaborate with the engineering team to write, review and sign off on design reviews.
- You will be expected to be hands-on maintaining site availability
- To make demonstrable contributions to the operating procedures / processes of the Infrastructure Team
- Evaluate and conduct interviews for candidates in our hiring pipeline.
- You will be expected to forecast and plan the infrastructure growth of Irembo
- Conduct 1-1’s with the team and provide consistent feedback
- Strong opinions on production support (infrastructure and service operation) for large scale deployment
- You are humble and eager to learn from mistakes and you always share your hard won lessons.
- You have over 7 years of experience with at least 2 of them working in a tech leadership role.
- Experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- You are comfortable maintaining database systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Expertise in shell scripting and at least one scripting language
- You have proven strong leadership and team coordination skills and have displayed a high level of innovativeness in dealing with challenges.
- NIX based OS, core networking services and protocols, and web application security best practice
- Building and supporting container-based infrastructure, specifically Docker / Kubernetes
- Source control and continuous delivery tools, specifically BitBucket and TeamCity