IT Assistant at Alight: (Deadline 20 October 2020)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – IT ASSISTANT
ALIGHT (formerly American Refugee Committee) works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people, and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full-time staff, community mobilizers, and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV, and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven, and committed individual to join its team as an IT Assistant, on a short term contract, to be located in Gashora Site.
The IT Assistant will support ALIGHT Rwanda’s and Gashora program information technology and systems, performing and applying appropriate processes, procedures, and policies.
- Responsible for hardware and software applications and maintenance, including keeping copies of all instruction manuals and accompanying documents, organizing and overseeing resource center with all CD ROMS, etc;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory record of all computers, printers, and other computer accessories indicating location, condition, maintenance schedules, and upgrade needs as necessary;
- Undertake basic monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance (system diagnostics, and system optimization) on network and server systems to ensure consistent delivery of IT services to staff providing daily weekly reports on the status;
- Offer improvements to office arrangement, protection issues, and networking enhancements;
- Maintain all IT equipment and technology, including perform standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure availability and reliability of the IT equipment;
- Provide regular on-site training to orient ALIGHT staff in Computer/Printer/Internet/email usage, including routine maintenance of computer and printers;
- Re correct specifications of computer spare parts, accessories, and equipment are identified before procurement proceeds, are delivered by suppliers;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor or other Senior Manager.
- Minimum A1 Certificate in Information and Communication Technology;
- Continuous education and specialized training in IT and computing;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT operations;
- Fluency in written and spoken English language; fluency in Kinyarwanda required.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes direction well, but also works independently;
- Ability and willingness to live and work full-time in rural, low-resource, and isolated areas of Rwanda.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a 1-page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, and must include most recent or current employer/supervisor, and work certificate/s from previous employers. The documents should all be submitted as one file – via email only to: [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is October 20th, 2020 at 16:00hrs. However due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and a decision may be taken before the indicated deadline once a suitable candidate is available. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.