Junior Credit Officer, Microfinance at BRAC: (Deadline 25 September 2020)
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and the empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment, and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from the National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic, and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular positions.
5. Position: Junior Credit Officer, Microfinance
Job location: Any District
Gender: Only Female candidates should apply.
Gross salary: Rwf 180,500. Other benefits will be as per organizational Policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of Junior Credit Officer:
- Assist to conduct household surveys using mobile app/Tab based application while opening a new branch. Identify potential clients based on survey results. Form group and provide orientation for the group members.
- Assist for admission of new members if a group becomes too small. Conduct two to three groups meetings per day.
- Provide financial education to group members as per organizational policy.
- Collect savings and weekly instalments from the small group leaders.
- Credit Officer will fill all loan data such as loan applications, guarantor form, DP Notes etc. in a digital system.
- Credit Officer must attend the weekly/bi-weekly/monthly group meetings and should ensure recovery of loan instalments.
- Strive to provide the best quality service to the client and at field and at the branch office.
- Listen to client’s complaints/concerns/opinions carefully and take appropriate measures.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Effective communication skills.
- Writing and reporting skills in English
Educational Qualifications: Minimum “A” Level from any institution.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: [email protected],
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 25th September 2020 at 16hrs.