Manager, Collateral Management at Development Bank of Rwanda: (Deadline 25 September 2020)
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
In order to achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes;
- Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
- Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
- Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified staff to fill the following vacant position;
Position: Manager, Collateral Management (1)
Job Grade : JG 5
Reports to: Company Secretary & General Counsel
Direct Reports (2):
1. Legal Counsel – Collateral Perfection &
2. Officer Insurances & Guarantees Management
Reports to: Manager, Financial Control
The purpose of the job is to oversee, guide, & provide direction regarding legal controls applicable to the Bank’s exposure in providing loan facilities or performing its core business.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Demonstrated experience in matters collateral perfection and management.
- Demonstrated experience in matters insurance.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing legal recoveries with regard to collateral and securities. Demonstrated working experience of the Rwandan judicial process and dispute settlement mechanisms.
- A good working knowledge of transactional law
- Have any of the following academic qualifications LLB, LLM, ILDP Certificate
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
only online applications shall be considered.Email: [email protected] (for only inquiries)Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.Deadline for application: Friday, September 25, 2020, 03:00 pm.Details of the job descriptions are posted on BRD website: www.brd.rwThe employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.Done in Kigali, the September 10, 2020