Manager,Collateral Management at Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD): (Deadline 2 October 2020)
The Development Bank of Rwanda is the Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
In order to achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes;
- Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance and customer services.
- Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
- Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified staff to fill the position of Manager, Collateral Management
- Assist Investment team during the whole process of project appraisal from end to end.
- Assist in the preparation and review of legal documentation to ensure compliance with the set regulations.
- Research and prepare statistical data on legal matters to advice the Manager, Legal Services on changes or updates of any legal policies or procedures.
- Draft all kinds of BRD projects loan, security contracts and other transactional agreements and submit them to the Manager for review before submission to the CS&GC.
- Draft/Review all legal documents including MOUs, transactional agreements, NDAs, and provide appropriate feedback to the Manager, legal Services for review.
- Negotiate all financing and security agreements with clients and other stakeholders to ensure clarity of the contractual terms and conditions of each party as well as timely implementation of conditions precedent to contract drafting, signing and disbursement.
- Carry out projects site visit and conduct proper and timely legal due diligence on all projects to be financed by BRD and submit the Legal Due Diligence report to Manager for review and approval before submission to the CS&GC.
- Prepare periodical (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) and adhoc report related to legal services unit and submit them to the Manager for review and approval before submission to the CS&GC.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Demonstrated experience in matters collateral perfection and management.
- Demonstrated experience in matters insurance.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing legal recoveries with regard to collateral and securities.
- Demonstrated working experience of the Rwandan judicial process and dispute settlement mechanisms.
- A good working knowledge of transactional law
- Have any of the following academic qualifications LLB ,LLM, ILDP Certificate