Monitoring & Evaluation Officer World Food Program (WFP): (Deadline 21 September 2020)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The position is in the M&E-Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) unit. WFP Rwanda Country Office (CO) aims to continuously enhance its operational information management and monitoring so that it not only meets WFP corporate requirements but also helps decision making.
The incumbent will help ensure that robust Monitoring, Review and Evaluation Plans aligned to WFP corporate standards are developed to generate quality evidence on the lives of beneficiaries and inform policy, strategy and programme design and implementation. This includes coordinating monitoring activities, managing decentralized evaluations, and thematic/mid-term reviews and positioning WFP as a reliable partner for governments to build monitoring and evaluation strategies. The incumbent will also help Programme team show the progress of activities on required performance indicators and generate relevant alerts for any potential areas of improvement on a regular basis for decision making by the management both at the Field Offices and Country Office levels. The incumbent will have a strong role in ensuing data quality and timeliness through adequate follow up from the field and other responsible units.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
(not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Support in developing monthly monitoring coverage plans for the field monitors for all activities, assess monthly achievement and share summary with programme and Field Office (FO) teams.
- Support in development or revision of monitoring tools in line with corporate guidance as needed.
- Support preparation of analytical ACRs by ensuring data readiness for all relevant indicators for the outputs and outcomes in COMET system.
- Support in conducting systematic food security and nutrition assessment and monitoring (including refugee Post Distribution Monitoring / Standardized Expanded Nutrition Survey, Resilience, and Home-Grown School feeding surveys) regularly.
- Support database assistants in analyzing data when needed from various surveys using SPSS and other software and prepare expected outputs (graphs, tables, short reports etc.) for further dissemination.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Advanced university degree in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, agriculture, international affairs, business administration, social sciences, development studies or a field relevant to international development assistance.
At least 3 years of post-education, progressively responsible experience in monitoring, evaluation or programme management in emergency and developmental contexts or in a closely related area or projects. Specific experience in statistical data analysis is required.
Fluency (level C) in both, written and verbal communication in English. Intermediate (level B) in French is an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of SPSS and Excel
- Good organizational and management skills
- Knowledge of data visualization software, such as Tableau Desktop
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates the ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanour toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Applications for this position will close at 11:59 p.m. (Rwanda Time) on the deadline date.
- The deadline for receiving applications for this position is 21 September 2020.
This position is open to both, female and male candidates. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply