Nurse at Health posts in NYAGATARE DISTRICT: (Deadline 15 July 2020)
1. Compound pharmaceutical products
2. Packaging and labeling of the prepared products
3. Ensure suitable equipment and ingredients are available for undertaking preparation of a specific pharmaceutical product (including those that are prepared aseptically)
4. Identify a safe and appropriate formulation of different patients
5. Maintain required documentation for prepared products.
6. Carry out sterility testing program applied to test sterile products,
7. Ensure cleanliness of the equipment, preparation techniques and environment
8. Ensure the accuracy and consistency of the prepared products and be able to track batches with errors in case it occurred and recall them.
9. Do preparation of pharmaceutical products containing drugs known to exert cytotoxic effects, such as those used in cancer chemotherapy.
10. Manage work activities and contingencies within available time to complete tasks according to established deadlines or targets
11. Manage and organize their own work of preparing pharmaceutical products
12. Work in partnership with others both within and outside their workplace to undertake work activities to ensure the success of pharmacy service
13. Train pharmacy students
14. Act in accordance with all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
15. Participate in QA/QI activities and recommend methods to improve the outcomes of the pharmacy service.
16. Participate on in the environmental hygiene of the promises
17. Participate on in infection prevention and control program
A2 in General Nursing with Knowledge in Pharmacy
Key Technical Skills & Required knowledge:
– Deep knowledge of clinical protocols,standards and procedures ;
– Care, Compassion and Communication Skills
– Infection Prevention and Control Knowledge
– Active Listening & Observation Skills
– Social Perceptiveness
– Skills on Dealing with emotionally charged situations
– Computer knowledge (Work Processing, Power Point and Internet)
– Analytical and problem solving skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; Knowledge of