AB Bank Rwanda Plc
AB Bank Rwanda Plc
Principal Officer at AB Bank Rwanda Plc: (Deadline 10 July 2020)
AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Principal Officer
Key responsibilities & duties
- Be responsible for soliciting and procuring insurance business on behalf of the bancassurance agent
- Explain the terms of the service/product of the bancassurance business to a prospective policyholder without any misleading information or misrepresentation on the benefits or costs of the insurance policy.
- Take into account the needs of the prospective policyholder while recommending a specific insurance plan and disseminating the information in respect of insurance services/products on offer by the insurer.
- Inform the prospective policyholder of the premium to be charged by the insurer for the insurance services/product on offer.
- Explain the prospective policyholder the nature of information required in the proposal form by the insurer, and also the importance and effects of disclosure of material facts in the purchase of an insurance contract.
- Obtain the requisite documents at the time of filing the proposal form with the insurer and any other documents that may be requested for the insurer to complete the proposal and promptly inform the prospective policyholder about the acceptance or rejection of the proposal by the insurer, as the case may be.
- Render the necessary assistance to the policyholders or claimants or beneficiaries in complying with the requirements for settlement of claims by the insurer.
- Notify the insurer of any adverse habits or inconsistent income of the policyholder or beneficiary, along with every proposal submitted to the insurer, and any material fact that may adversely affect the underwriting decision of the insurer as regards to acceptance of the proposal, by making reasonable inquiries about the prospective policyholder, as the case may be.
- As may be requested or as may be necessary, identify himself or herself to the prospective policyholder, insured persons, and insurers.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures in all Bancassurance services,
- Lead the development of a Strategy for Bancassurance, advice Management on execution and monitoring of implementation progress,
- Supervise the daily Bancassurance Operations which entails cross-selling of products; posting of risk details, claims administration and documentation,
- Supervise the Specified persons
- Ensure customer inquiries are resolved promptly as per laid down policies and procedures,
- Manage correspondences with insurance companies,
- Represent the Bank at conferences, business meetings, and industry events
- Any other task assigned by the Management
- Prepare premiums to be paid to insurers
- Reconcile premiums paid to insurers
- Prepare and submit on time all report to the central bank, including but not limited to
- Gross premium collected either (life or non-life) for every class of insurance business
- The commission received ore receivable for every class of insurance business
- Number of policies in force, canceled or lapsed and terminated
- Claims reported and complaints received
- Incident of Frauds encountered.
- Remedial measures are taken to address customer complaints
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- A person qualified to act as the principal officer of the bancassurance agent if he/she holds at least a bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, insurance, actual science or relevant field, and three years of working experience as an insurance underwriter, claims or sales officer.
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
Interested candidates should send ONLY:
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of academic qualifications
To [email protected], not later than 10th July 2020.
[NOTE: Please state the POSITION in the subject of the email.]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.