Production Consultant at Prime Cement: (Deadline 15 February 2021)
Prime Cement Ltd is a cement manufacturing & grinding plant in Musanze District with the production capacity of 600,000 tons per year. Prime Cement started commercial cement production on 1st September 2021. The primary goal of Prime Cement is to offer high quality and affordable cement products to the market.
We are currently seeking the following expertise to support our existing team in fulfilling our goal.
Position: Production Consultant
- To monitor overall performance of the plant and to determine areas of specific focus for a detailed plant based study with a view to determine the improvement of the technical key performance indicators to attain overall plant profitability.
- To review and advise on how plant performance should be measured and improved through proper use of process control systems, plant information management systems as well as tools such as root cause analysis and slow-down logs for production improvement.
- To review the plant’s energy use to achieve greater efficiency and productivity. This will require review of plant equipment, raw materials as well as the targeted product quality standards. The ultimate aim is to ensure that an optimum balance between fuel and power consumption is found.
- The consultant will also review the design and engineering of the materials handling and dosing system to recommend any improvements that may be required.
- To review and report on reliability improvement covering the personnel and structure used, tools and software used to monitor equipment condition, repair planning and the monitoring of equipment reliability.
- To oversee raw materials testing so that the plant meets its performance guarantees and to optimize operating costs. The consultant will also advise on the full suite of raw materials tests that should be periodically done.
- The consultant will review and propose raw mix proportions of each material that is required, taking into consideration the final quality of the cement that is required in the market.
- The consultant will review production staff skills to recommend training needs with the overall intention of giving the recipients of the training all the necessary skills and knowledge for continuous performance improvement.
- To ensure that all production activities are handled in line with safety and quality requirements and guidelines.
- To oversee preparations for production activities through planned and contingency plant stoppage and to ensure that required maintenance plans are executed as necessary.
- Ensure that all reports related to production activities are adequate, checked and submitted periodically (daily, monthly and yearly) as required.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual production budgets based on market requirements, production equipment capacity, raw materials mix requirements and well products quality targets.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or Chemical Engineering
- Min 15 years of experience as Head of production department in cement factory
- Expertise in CCR Operations
- Quality control of department works
- Training course in Health and Safety passed
- Quality control experience and X-ray quantification analysis
- Process control experience
Qualified applicants should send their application to: [email protected] not later than 15th February 2021.