Programs Manager at Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development: (Deadline 31 August 2020)
Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development is a full-service business development firm focused on growing small to medium enterprises. Our services help our clients develop and improve their capacity. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko identifies entrepreneurs in Rwanda and provides them with business education, mentorship, and strategy consulting, so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs for others.
THE JOB OPPORTUNITY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Programs Manager assists in managing the Livelihood program and other programs in the Micro- Business Solutions Department and to maintain a positive relationship with key stakeholders, clients, donors, and staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (70% time)
- Support the Regional Refugee Director in managing the Refugee program and other projects in Rwanda to ensure high service delivery of Inkomoko programs
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the department operations and programming
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the Micro Business Solutions Department;
- Manage the schedule and delivery of services to achieve company-wide KPIs, raising concerns and creating solutions to overcome barriers to delivery and improve efficiency
- Coordinate, review, and make recommendations regarding department personnel matters, including recruitment, hiring, discipline, investigations, personnel actions, and workers’ compensation.
- Work closely with the SME Growth on shared resource planning and M&E Departments to plan and implement the evaluation at client in-take, program completion, and at various milestones
- Coordinate with AEC Rwanda Trustee on financing for refugees and host communities
PARTNERSHIPS & EXTERNAL RELATIONS (15% time)
- Maintain and grow Inkomoko’s bi-lateral relationships with program partners, including MINEMA, UNHCR, Districts and other government and funder partners as relevant.
- Attend and participate in the Districts and Partners meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Livelihood Program.
- Coordinate with a consortium of refugee livelihoods program partners
- Provide regular communication to partners to ensure smooth program delivery
- Support external communications efforts, working with communications experts to provide case studies and data to support public relations on social media, blogs, and other forums
MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION (15% time)
- Provide general leadership to the teams reporting into this role.
- Participate in the development and administration of Micro Business department goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Work with the Regional Refugee Director to plan and manage the staffing and budget resources
- Interpret, apply, and ensure departmental compliance with applicable donors, local policies, laws, and regulations.
- Maintain appropriate accounting for expenses, working within a budget, and comply with Inkomoko administrative policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- The Programs Manager should have great attitude and must have previously taken on leadership and project management responsibilities, have excellent report writing and organizational skills.
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Project Management or any other relevant skill. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in program management of complex projects at a Senior level. Experience working with Rwandan Micro & SMEs entrepreneurs, refugee, and host support
- Understanding of business concepts (finance, Operations, HR, marketing, Business ideation, cash flow management, human-centered design & Business Model Canvas)
- Experience to select, supervise, train, and evaluate staff, remote management, including coordinating their work.
- Fluent in English & Kinyarwanda, both verbally and in writing
- Well-developed networking skills, excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work on a tight deadline and independently
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Colleagues who are passionate and confident that entrepreneurs will transform the continent
- Opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of professionals
- The flexible, collaborative work environment
- Challenging work, and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Rwanda
- A competitive salary, health insurance, generous policies.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you wish to apply for this position; please submit your salary expectations, cover letter and CV (pdf these and any other relevant documents in one document before uploading) to the application portal.
In the space labeled “Answers to the Questions in the Application Description”, in less than 250 words, please explain the following;
– any experience you have performing successful project management and working with entrepreneurs or MSMEs
– the 3 major challenges entrepreneurs face in Rwanda and how would you would assist entrepreneurs in addressing these challenges
Deadline of application: 31st August 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AEC seeks to reflect the communities we serve and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualifying people are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB: We do not employ staff whose background is not suitable. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks.