DUHAMIC – ADRI
DUHAMIC – ADRI
Project Engineer at DUHAMIC – ADRI: (Deadline 4 September 2020)
DUHAMIC – ADRI has recently signed a Field Level Agreement (FLA) with World Food Program (WFP) to implement its Sustainable Market Alliance and Asset Creation for Resilient Communities and Gender Transformation (SMART) project. This project aims to enhance food security and resilience to shocks, strengthening smallholder farmer production and market access and building community and government capacities related to nutrition, gender, and climate-sensitive social protection. Under this partnership agreement, DUHAMIC-ADRI will be implementing this project in two districts; namely Rutsiro in Western Province and Kayonza in Eastern Province. To ensure the smooth implementation of the field project activities especially in design and development of land-based productive assets (marshland reclamation, construction of bench and progressive terracing, installation of small scale irrigation technologies), DUHAMIC-ADRI would like to recruit a highly motivated and qualified Project Technician to work as Project Engineer for SMART Project.
Number of Position: One
Job location: The post holder will base in one of two districts (Kayonza or Rutsiro) with frequent travels in other district depending on the needs and the nature of project activities.
Net monthly salary for this position: 581,115 Rwf
Contract duration: One-year renewal based on performance.
- Support in development of technical documents for consultancy services related to development and design of land-based agricultural productive assets;
- Plan and design marshland reclamation, watershed protection, small scale irrigation fixtures and rainwater harvesting as per requirement and specifications;
- Oversee and recommend better implementation of marshland reclamation, construction of bench terraces, progressive terraces, installation of small scale irrigation technologies, construction of post-harvest infrastructures and any other project activities that require particular expertise in rural engineering, land husbandry, soil, and water management technologies to increase production for supported smallholder farmers in both districts;
- Approve the materials brought and works performed by project contractors;
- Monitor that the implementation of project activities complies with environmental safety and guidelines;
- Review and approve the plans for marshland reclamation, soil development with bench and progressive terraces, installation of small scale irrigation technologies and rainwater harvesting technologies to maximize land productivity and efficient use of available resources;
- Supervise and monitor the work done by contractors and project field officers to ensure satisfactory standards, quality assurance, control of workmanship and good progress;
- Ensure that land-based productive assets developed by the project meet outstanding technical and professional standards and are implemented with respect of approved plans and designs;
- Ensure proper water distribution in the irrigation networks and proper working of irrigation infrastructures;
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of the irrigation system;
- Ensure Proper water application to the crop in the irrigation scheme;
- Work closely with existing platforms at District and Community levels to ensure efficient use of land and water resources for increased agricultural productivity;
- Train and build capacities of project staff on the use of topographic and land surveying equipment;
- Organize and facilitate training and capacity building sessions around proper land use and water management to increase production in a sustainable manner.
Qualifications and requirements
- University Degree (A0) in soil and water management, irrigation and drainage, soil and environment management and other related fields with at least three years of experience in land husbandry, marshland development and development of land-based productive assets to increase agricultural production;
- Having hands-on skills and proven experience to use land and topographic survey equipment including level, GPS, drawing and map design software (Arc GIS, QGIS and any other Geographic Information System software);
- Having a proven experience to collect and use land surveying data to produce topographic and thematic maps needed in project implementation and reporting;
- Having hands-on experience and skills in design, development, and valorization of land-based productive assets through marshland development, construction of bench and progressive terracing and small scale irrigation technologies;
- Ability to review and assess the quality of available soil maps, hydraulics and topographic data for designing, collect additional data and information required for designs and drawings;
- Deep understanding of in field-water management systems including drip, center pivot, sprinkler, and other cost-effective and manageable small scale irrigation technologies;
- Computer and data analysis skills;
- Having proven oral and written communication skills in kinyarwanda with fluency in English;
- Having a motorcycle license is an asset driving
- Be available and ready to start immediately after recruitment.
How to apply
Motivated candidates who meet the requirements can submit their Application letter addressed to DUHAMIC-ADRI Executive Secretary enclosed with a detailed CV, copies of degrees and certificates for the past experience and other relevant certificates daytime telephone number and three professional referees including his or her recent direct supervisor shall be submitted via electronic application on [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] In subject line, the applicant may use “Application on the position of Project Engineer” no later than thursday 4 September 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for recruitment tests. For more information, you may call to this service phone number 0788305329.
Done at Kigali on 24/08/2020