The Wellspring Foundation
The Wellspring Foundation
Rubavu Finance and Operations Manager at The Wellspring Foundation: (Deadline 26 July 2020 )
Wellspring seeks a qualified, professional, and passionate individual to support the successful delivery of our School Development Program in Rubavu District. The Rubavu Finance and Operations Manager will ensure both the financial integrity and the smooth operations and logistics for Wellspring’s branch office in Rubavu, under the oversight of both the Director of Operations and the Senior Finance Manager, and in partnership with the Rubavu Program Manager. The successful candidate will have a can-do approach and be a problem-solver, be a dedicated team leader, and work successfully as part of a remote and cross-cultural team.
Reports to: Director of Operations and matrix report to the Senior Finance Manager
Provides direct line management to Rubavu IT Support Officer, Drivers, Security staff, and Program Office Assistant.
Works closely with Director of Operations; Senior Finance Manager; Senior Rubavu Program Manager; Rubavu Program Manager; Logistics Manager, Kigali
Location: Rubavu – with travel to Kigali once a month or whenever required
A. Leadership Responsibilities
- Provide empowering Servant Leadership as a team leader and the line manager to the Rubavu IT Support Officer, Drivers, Security staff, and Program Office Assistant.
- Represent the Wellspring Foundation for Education to local authorities and other partners when required.
- Join meetings of the Rwanda Leadership Team regularly and when required.
B. Financial Responsibilities
- Implement the financial management and reporting for our Rubavu program and ensure financial compliance vis a vis all relevant authorities.
- Ensure that all financial and procurement procedures are adhered to according to our Financial and Procurement Procedures Manual and the Laws of Rwanda
- Regularly monitor and balance bank-books and operations books.
- Oversee day-to-day processing of accounts receivable and payable, producing regular monthly financial reports as requested.
- Involved in monitoring spend against approved budget for Rubavu operations.
- Provide data and requested support to the Senior Finance Manager in creating the annual organizational budget and financial re-forecasts
- Provide budget support for Rubavu program activities
- Monitor cash flow and initiate internal transfer requests in a timely manner.
- Regular data entry into QuickBooks online and ensure cash reconciliation is completed in line with internal guidelines.
- Ensure that accounting requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
C. Operations and Logistics Responsibilities
- Manage Wellspring’s vehicle fleet in Rubavu in accordance with our vehicle use policy.
- Take a leading role in planning and managing events and logistics for the Rubavu program activities, in collaboration with the Rubavu program manager, including the management of venues and cash allowances for program participants.
- Ensure a clean, safe and efficient work environment at our Rubavu Office
- Identify professional, reliable service providers and ensure value for money
- Manage relationships with Wellspring’s service providers in Rubavu demonstrating Wellspring’s values and guiding principles
- Ensure that the asset register and inventory for Rubavu is regularly updated
- Carry out other reasonably assigned duties to actively contribute to the growth and health of the organization, supporting its vision, mission, core values, and strategic priorities
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, major in Accounting or Finance (required)
Professional Experience and Skills
- 5 years of professional experience in a similar role, preferably with an NGO (required)
- Experience of and skilled in using accounting software, preferably QuickBooks (required)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) (desired)
- Experience of procurement and contract management (desired)
- Experience of providing logistics support to programs (required)
- Communicates well in English and Kinyarwanda (oral & written) (required)
- Communicates well in French (oral & written) (desired)
- Very good IT skills (Microsoft Word & Excel & PowerPoint) (required)
Personal and Spiritual Qualities
- A Christ-centered individual who has the desire to grow in faith (required)
- Well organized with good time management skills (required)
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills (required)
- Excellent interpersonal skills: enjoys working with people, encouraging, sharing ideas, motivating others (required)
- A problem solver with a positive ‘can-do’ approach (required)
- A great sense of team and a lot of fun (desired)
Ability and willingness to travel nationwide and within the region (if required)
How to apply
If you believe you would be the right fit for this role, please send:
- Completed Wellspring ‘Employment Application Form (available to download at the RENCP website)
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) (max 3 pages)
- A word-processed cover letter explaining why you feel you would like this job and including a statement of faith* (max 2 pages)
Details of 2 professional referees.
- A signed letter/reference from your regular place of worship (church)
- A statement of faith
Please do not send any other documents at this stage.
Applications to be sent on email only: [email protected] also only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications: Sunday 26th July at 5:00 pm
The provisional date for interviews: week commencing 10th August
Anticipated Start date: 1st September 2020 or as soon as possible
Please note that interviews will take place at our office in Kigali- CLA site, KG270 Street, off KG 9 Avenue. Nyarutarama, Kigali. Reception tel 0 788 475 155.
Before signing the contract, the successful candidate will hand the following documents:
- Notified academic degree and relevant certificates
- Police clearance/ Casier Judiciere
What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith, your local church involvement, and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with the Wellspring Foundation.