One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund
Rwanda Agricultural Research Stations Coordinator (Product Innovations) at One Acre Fund: (Deadline 6 September 2020)
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
The Product Development team, part of the Innovations Department at Tubura, conducts trials on-station (Phase 1) and on-farm (Phase 2) to support the data needs of the program teams. In Phase 1 we conduct trials at three stations located in contrasting environments of Rwanda; Rutsiro, Karongi and Kayonza districts. Phase 1 trials are an essential step for technology adaptation, products impact evaluation, basic agronomic knowledge building and for the comparative analysis among different options of the same intervention.
Overall, the Product Development Stations Coordinator will oversee Phase 1 trial implementation and:
- Ensure high-quality trial implementation at stations through team management and robust protocols.
- Coordinate procurement of trial inputs and maintain assets (infrastructure, equipment) at each station.
- Lead research projects of low complexity.
- Support colleagues and other teams on agronomic related issues and lead station tours.
As a Stations Coordinator, it will be your responsibility to:
- Coordinate the Kayonza, Karongi and Rutsiro stations – You are responsible for staff management, trials set up and follow up, equipment inventory, infrastructure maintenance and improvement, overseeing the harvest management and sales according to protocols, updating station databases every week, performing ongoing and meticulous data cleaning (to identify and correct all mistakes) within four weeks of the harvest.
- Coordinate procurement of inputs for Phase 1 and Phase 2 trials.
- Build team capacity.
- Draft and improve protocols.
- Lead variety trials and perform desk research projects.
- Develop a strategy to increase station efficiency.
- Support other teams in Tubura.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science field, related to agriculture.
- Experience working with agricultural trials and an understanding of experimental design.
- High proficiency working with tabular (agricultural) data.
- Ability to manage people and work collaboratively towards a solution.
- Can clearly communicate in written and verbal English and Kinyarwanda.
- Can independently design a trial to test a hypothesis.
- Can perform online research to collect technical information.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
In line with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
No; must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.