One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund
Rwanda IT Support Officer at One Acre Fund: (Deadline 7 October 2020)
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
The primary function is to provide proactive and reactive technical support. Plan and carry out maintenance for computers and oversee the Network in the Eastern region. Contribute to the ITO goals and participate in the main projects designated to IT Operations in the Eastern Region. Be accountable and manage technology services that meet operational requirements in designated areas of the Eastern Region.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Framework roll out and tool implementation
- System-level integration
- Design and Integrate new features
- Project and program documentation
- Data analysis
- Network security and management
- Vendor management
- Testing, developing, and/or modifying solutions
- Project management
- Server/System administration
- OS: Android, Linux, Windows, Chrome, Native Platforms (RIM)
- Microsoft office suite: SharePoint, Outlook, FIleStream, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- Enterprise service management tools
- Cloud computing services, such as AWS
- Version control, operational programs, such at Git/GitHub, Splunk, or Syslog
- Firewalls, VPN technologies, and proxy services
- Frameworks: OCS, GLPI, Roster
- XenServer, XenApps, Network Management
- Assist the IT Managers in daily tasks such as meeting minutes, policy & procedure writing, asset management, other duties as assigned, requirements definition, process definition, etc.
- Encouraging and maintaining a positive attitude, good communications, customer service, and continuous improvement within team members.
- Attend team meetings upon request
- Participate in the long-term project alongside IT Staff
- Presentations mostly to and with ITO Team
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong educational background; a bachelor’s degree in IT or computer science preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: good command of English and Kinyarwanda (Both spoken and written) is required. Fluency in French would be an added advantage.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.