One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund
Rwanda Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Associate at One Acre Fund: (Deadline 31 October 2020)
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) or field research professional to join our team as an MEL Senior Associate in Rubengera, Rwanda. As the MEL Senior Associate, you will use data to improve our operations, develop a deputy, and coordinate our MEL activities across multiple programs and teams. You will contribute to making informed decisions for our long-term strategy by working with leadership and the program team in Rwanda.
You will report to the Regional MEL Lead. The MEL Department at One Acre Fund operates as an in-house research department, and results are used to inform program decisions and rigorously understand the impact.
- Run survey design, field testing of survey instruments, and revision.
- Improve data collection efficiency to provide actionable results.
- Analyze data to draw early and final conclusions and write reports with recommended actions.
- Work with the field teams to ensure MEL results and recommendations are understood and acted upon.
- Manage the local MEL team including a Field Coordinator, MEL Specialists, and Data Manager which support a team of about 80 full-time enumerators. You will:
- Mentor staff through field visits, meetings, training programs, and career reviews.
- Manage the main MEL activities in the field, with an eye to “perfect” quality standard.
- Quality–control and management of data collection processes.
- Oversee the hiring and development of MEL staff.
- Shape organizational strategy based on MEL results in collaboration with leadership and the program team.
- Coordinate MEL tasks with the Government Relation team to ensure its design and methodology are aligned.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Academic or professional experience in field-based MEL or data collection, designing and implementing evaluations or research, and analyzing findings.
- Masters degrees in Public Policy, International Development, Statistics, Economics, or a related field of study preferred.
- Quantitative skills with experience with statistical software (Stata, R).
- Logical and structured thinking skills with a clear and compelling written communication style.
- Experience building staff capacity.
- Organizational, coordination skill-set.
- Leadership experience at work and an enthusiasm for learning and growth.
- Language: English required. Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, or French are also useful.
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.