One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund
Rwanda Product Scaling Associate at One Acre Fund: (Deadline 23 October 2020)
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund relies on our Product Innovation team to find the most impactful agricultural practices and products for farmers. Every season we run both farmer trials and surveys to inform our extension and product offering decisions. Great innovation comes from excellent background research, a true understanding of our client base, excellent trial implementation, and by implementing a scaling process that allows us to translate product pilot/trial results into our full program.
- Lead product and service scaling to our different channels for serving farmers (core program and whole market)
- Work with Field Operations, Logistics, Business Operations, and M&E to grow the most promising new products, services, or training into our field programs.
- Support external departments on newly scaled products
- Implement periodic product impact evaluations for non-agricultural products
- Conduct behavior change work
- Lead the Product Innovations team in behavior change research to develop solutions that enable farmers to adopt best agricultural practices
- Grow our Agroforestry work
- Lead the Product Innovations team in scaling research related to timber and fruit tree species- how to get the right trees to our farmer base
- Conduct trial design, data analysis, and reporting
- Develop trials for potentially impactful products and related impact models
- Infer patterns and trends in data collected from the field and report findings through distribution postmortem reports and full trial reports
- Develop and contribute to team/division strategy memos
- Build external partner relationships
- Initiate and manage collaborative projects with external partners, which includes drafting MoUs, periodic reporting and ensuring OAF policies are followed in all communication and results sharing
- Lead team administration
- Create the annual division budget
- Monitor expenditure and implement efficiency strategies
- Team Performance Management
- Support capacity development of direct reports and entire product scaling team in general
- Conduct periodic performance reviews
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Agricultural economics/business management background coupled with experience designing surveys and running impact evaluations
- Product/business scale-up mindset
- Team leadership experience (or demonstrates an ability to do it)
- Experience with Stata or R statistical packages
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Rubengera, Rwanda, with an option to work up to 25% from Kigali
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes; African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.