NCBA Bank Rwanda
NCBA Bank Rwanda
Senior Internal Audit Officer at NCBA Bank Rwanda: (Deadline 21 October 2020)
The purpose of the role is to plan and carry out specific audit exercises on the bank’s operations in an efficient, economical and effective manner in conjunction with the Head of Internal Audit, so as to ensure that the bank’s operations comply with the legal requirements and the agreed bank policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute in the risk assessment process for target audit areas and documentation of results as guided by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Prepare audit plan for specific audit assignments and implement in consultation with the Head of Internal Audit, to ensure completion within the agreed schedule.
- Develop, in liaison with the Head of Internal Audit appropriate audit tests and programs aimed at achieving the desired objectives in areas auditable.
- Draft, in concurrence with the Head of Internal Audit, suitable management letters reporting on key control weaknesses, non-compliance with procedures and management policies and regulatory requirements, among others, on those areas audited.
- Technical skills to effectively perform Internal Audit activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves established quality standards or benchmarks.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage expectations of auditees and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable the development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer-service oriented culture.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University degree preferably in Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration.
- Qualified as CPA, ACCA or equivalent. Banking professional qualifications an advantage.
- Three years’ experience in internal audit or having been trained with a professional firm of practicing Accountants for at least two years.