Social Media Associate (National Specialist) at UN Volunteers (UNFPA): (Deadline 16 September 2020)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the terms of the organization’s delegated authority, and under the direct supervision of the National Officer Communications and Resource Mobilization Analyst, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Develop a social media strategy for the Country Office;
- Continuously monitor the social media environment, identify opportunities and develop ideas for engagement;
- Manage and analyse the state of the UNFPA website, Facebook page, Twitter account and YouTube channel
- Manage social media networks to monitor discussions with UNFPA and topics pertaining to UNFPA’s mandate and activities
- Work closely with UNFPA Programme Units to use social networks within their program;
- Produce content, manage discussions and Evaluate the social media accounts/page performance
- Draft posts for different accounts and prepare engaging social media packages for International days, Specific events and other occasions, targeting different audiences, including donors
- Coordinate the development of creative, innovative and engaging audio-visual content for use on social media, including video and infographics/data visualisation with the Graphic Designer.
- Coordinate social media content and messages with partner organizations;
- Monitor and analyse social media user data and make proposals for adjustments, as necessary
- Coach colleagues on use of personal social media accounts, in line with UNFPA policy
- Develop communication materials and content targeted at donors
- Support the organization and presentation of knowledge products
- Support the implementation and scaling-up of innovation initiatives
- Contribute actively to joint Communications initiatives, including for the joint UN and Regional communications materials
- Set aside dedicated time for capacity development through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the-job training while working with national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, including Implementing Partners (IPs).
- Perform any other task as may be required;
University degree or Advanced Diploma in Communication or Journalism
Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible professional work experience in communication and Social media management preferably in a development context.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and experience of working with local partner agencies with a capacity to provide formal and informal training
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service-oriented manner in a demanding working condition
- Ability towards analytical and creative thinking for rapid solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- Kinyarwanda(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
The incumbent must be a dynamic, multi-functional person, who supports UNFPA with professionalism, dedication and client orientation. The following qualifications are required:
- University degree or Advanced Diploma in Communication or related field; with work experience in the communication or development area.
- Three years progressively responsible professional work experience in communication and social media management in a development context.
- Excellent drafting skills, with experience in advocacy or promotion. Convey messages in a very simple, yet inspiring way
- Fully proficient in English and Kinyarwanda. Working knowledge of French would be an advantage
- Be capable of taking initiative and cope under pressure.
- Be fully proficient in most used social media tools
- Be organized, have leadership qualities and be a team player.
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 16 September 2020