Staff Accountant at APEX Biotech: (Deadline 5 September 2020)
Apex Biotech Ltd. (APEX), is the pioneering pharmaceutical manufacturing firm in Rwanda. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism, and financial strength.
We are currently seeking professionals who are searching for a challenging and rewarding roles for the following opportunities.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant who is responsible for the daily accounting operations and financial reporting operations of the company. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining accurate company financial records, handling cash disbursements, processing payroll, coordinating annual audit, and maintaining tax and debt compliance.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Planning, designing, implementing and maintaining an accounting system that functions to meet operations and reporting needs.
- Monitor and manage banking and cash management functions, amortization schedules, keep track of both the amortized and unamortized balances, fixed assets.
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities and reconciliations.
- Quarterly balance sheet and P&L Analysis
- Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, G/L.
- Maintain proper recording of all payments, receipts, purchase orders, payroll allocations, time and attendance reporting as well as other accounting transactions.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within GAAP and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow and reduced operating costs.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, RRA, and all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Financial Reporting experience including Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements, G/L functions, financial statements, call reports, and annual reports, and the month/year-end process.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, consultative, communication, judgment skills, and a high level of accuracy with the ability to pay attention to details, ability to maintain a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Ability to work proficiently within deadlines and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment; experience managing multiple priorities within a high-energy, collaborative, fast-moving environment.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, MS Office, and ERP accounting system experience.
- Skill in written communication with banks and required regulatory bodies.
- Fluent in English, Kinyarwanda, French (optional)
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- Preferred: CPA or equivalent designation (or ability to obtain post-hire)
- 3+ years of full-cycle, G/L accounting, and payroll experience, preferably in manufacturing, financial management, or related industry. Knowledge of all financial legislations.
Apex Biotech Ltd. Corporate Office, Kigali City
Compensation & Other Benefits
Attractive remuneration, job security, health coverage, and other benefits as per company policy.
How to apply:
Note: Interested candidates should submit their application before 5 September 2020, by e-mail to [email protected]
Apex Biotech Ltd.
Plot D15, Phase II, Kigali Special Economic Zone