One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund
Tech Division Intern at One Acre Fund: (Deadline 29 July 2020)
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
ABOUT THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAM
One Acre Fund’s Young Professionals Program offers African graduates meaningful internships and training opportunities at a high-performing, mission-driven organization. Our internships are paid and all interns can expect to receive substantive work assignments working on high-impact projects that support One Acre Fund’s operations.
When joining, you will participate in an onboarding program and receive training on how to design and execute projects. Over the period of your internship, you will get the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals and receive learning opportunities to build strong foundations for your future career.
You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer of One Acre Fund, but you will also work closely with the Technology Division leadership team on several technology and administrative projects. As One Acre Fund embarks on a journey of digital transformation on its business side, it is also embarking on a journey of transformation in how the Technology Division operates.
- Clarify several processes and systematizing them to ensure consistent improvements.
- Get an opportunity to become a part of this transformation and help in establishing and setting up some of the tools and systems that support these transformative efforts.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a strong educational experience and a lot of enthusiasm for learning new skills and enjoy solving problems! No prior experience is required and candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Citizenship in Rwanda – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport, biodata page or national ID card.
- Recent college graduates or young professionals with a completed Bachelor’s degree by December 2019 in Computer Science or Business are strongly encouraged to apply
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Some Project Management Skills
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to engage with staff
- Emotionally intelligent and patient with others
- Highly motivated, and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience using and quickly learning new technology tools
- Language: Fluency in English required.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we deeply invest in our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training, and regular feedback on your performance. We’ll hold career reviews every one-three months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and gain rewarding technical experience.
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Kigali, Rwanda – Initially Remote
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract.
3 – 6 months
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.