Legal program Assistant at Rwanda Bridges to Justice: (Deadline 27 May 2022)
Approved Draft of the Legal program Assistant Advert to be posted on Jobs in Rwanda.
ABOUT RWANDA BRIDGES TO JUSTICE (RBJ)
Rwanda Bridges to Justice (RBJ) is a local non-profit organization registered with Rwanda Governance Board. Using a neutral, and collaborative approach, we work to strengthen justice institutions and improve Rule of Law through enabling Access to Justice. Specifically, we work to guarantee the basic legal rights of ordinary individuals in Rwanda.
Legal program Assistant
One (1) position is available at RBJ.
- Assist with organising of events and making activity reports
- Assist with guiding volunteers in conducting different activities of RBJ
- Assist with events planning, logistics and coordination
- Sending invites to participants and making & producing activity materials
- Arranging internal meetings with volunteers.
- Providing Support to Volunteers.
- Providing support on any longer-term project activities
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
- Managing of the data in relation to activities implemented by RBJ.
- Operate and assist volunteer in the use of the JusticeHub application
- Manage RBJ social media accounts.
- Creating new and active groups in relation to the activities being implemented.
- Managing and leading volunteer groups and local activists.
- Researching and analysing key locations for possible community engagement.
- Holding meetings and events designed to engage with the local community, leading and chairing meetings as required.
- Supporting the Organisers with sourcing activity related items and budget management
- Maintaining social media channels.
- Monitoring and recording output metrics and measuring impact within an agreed monitoring, evaluation and learning framework and collaborating with working group colleagues as required.
- Maintaining a volunteer database, ensuring RBJ compliancy.
- Administrative and coordination support to the team
- Strong organisational skills, and a methodical approach with a proven ability to prioritise tasks, manage a busy varied workload and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- Evidence of team working and build strong working relationships
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Numerate and able to work with comfortably with spreadsheets
- Ability to Travel to and from different locations to organise events, stalls and activities
- University degree in relevant fields preferably in Law, a masters the mentioned field is an added advantage;
- Previous exposure to similar or RBJ projects methodology would be an added advantage;
- Understanding of similar or RBJ’s volunteer structures;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Proven project management skills;
- Report writing skills in English;
The salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience and the number of tasks to be taken on.
How to Apply:
Please email your application with a CV and cover letter (one page maximum for each) highlighting your key skills, supporting documents and your availability to email@example.com cc. firstname.lastname@example.org by the 27th of May 2022 at 15:30hrs Rwandan time in Doc or Pdf Format marking that you are “Applying for the Legal program Assistant Role with RBJ” in capital letters.
The Cover letter should be addressed to:
The Head of Human resource
Rwanda Bridges to Justice
Suitable applicants will be contacted by Rwanda Bridges to Justice for an interview. Application that does not follow the instructions given or are incomplete will not be considered.
As a non-governmental organization, RBJ strives to respect and promote gender equality in all aspects of our work and we thus encourage female candidates to apply.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.