Programme Coordinator and M &E at Rwanda Bridges to Justice: (Deadline 27 May 2022)
Approved Draft of the Programme Coordinator and M &E Advert to be posted on Jobs in Rwanda.
ABOUT RWANDA BRIDGES TO JUSTICE (RBJ)
Rwanda Bridges to Justice (RBJ) is a local non-profit organization registered with Rwanda Governance Board. Using a neutral, and collaborative approach, we work to strengthen justice institutions and improve Rule of Law through enabling Access to Justice. Specifically, we work to guarantee the basic legal rights of ordinary individuals in Rwanda.
Programme Coordinator and M &E
One (1) position is available at RBJ.
Manage all aspects of the implementation of the RBJ programmes that include but are not limited to:
Ensure coherence of programme activities with Rwanda Bridges to Justice Response Strategy
- Link programme activities to the organization’s global strategy;
- Responsible for successful project implementation with high-quality standards as per the project objectives and country strategy
- Ensure that programme activities contribute to RBJ programme and advocacy priorities
- Identify and build links with other programme sectors, ensuring that issues that relate to RBJ initiatives are raised and addressed
Ensure programme activities in the operational area are well managed and monitored to fulfill the requirements of approved Rwanda Bridges to Justice Thematic quality standards and Annual Operational Plans.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive implementation strategy with clear benchmark indicators and work plans.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results ensuring quality compliance. This includes planning of activities, budgets, and procurement.
- Work with staff to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation, and documentation of programme activities.
- Produce timely reports, and assure that quality weekly, monthly, quarterly, and other reports including all required reports to the donor agencies are developed and submitted in accordance with agreed donors’/members schedules;
- Participate in program proposal processes and ensure that all programs’ processes in accordance with grant agreements, are completed within time and on budget;
- Oversee and ensure effective budget management through monitoring of budget Vis-a- Vis actual spending linked to the detailed implementation plan and the procurement plan.
- Highlight and follow up on capacity assessment and capacity building plans to ensure quality programming;
- Coordinate with Humanitarian Support Service and Supply Chain departments to ensure effective use and delivery of RBJ resources.
- Work very closely with various respective technical specialists based at the Office for proper programs integration and coordination;
- Support the project implementation by ensuring gender, age, disability and inclusive approaches at all levels.
- Work very closely with various respective technical specialists based at the Country Office for proper programs integration and coordination;
Overall management responsibility for all RBJ Volunteer staff.
- Lead and motivate the team to ensure effective implementation of program activities, including by providing technical support to ensure program quality
- Ensure there are regular staff team meetings
- Ensure key problems are brought to the attention of the Manager for discussion and review
- Monitor and support Volunteer staff in implementing the project management systems and guidelines to ensure the smooth implementation of approved activities.
- Ensure appropriate induction, training and follow-up in grants/financial management, logistics and security guidelines, monitoring and evaluation procedures and guidelines.
Capacity building and technical guidance on program implementation
- Make visits to the filed for program implementation;
- Assist the Team leaders and the Team in identifying technical support required from technical support staff in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programme activities.
- Liaise with key departments in the Country, region, and in member offices on technical issues to ensure adherence to best practice approach for implementing of RBJ activities.
- Identify, analyze and engage in advocacy opportunities to influence key donors’ plans and policies to promote attention to and sufficient resources for awareness-raising on the RBJ activities;
- Participate in mid-term or final evaluations and ensure lessons contribute to the development of future RBJ program work.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning / Research
- Together with the team provide programmatic inputs for the development of the ToRs, review ToRs of evaluations/baseline studies which include background information and scope of work and proposed methodology;
- Review accountability to beneficiary’s data and reports and provide technical support to the implementation team and use key learning from accountability system for program development, planning, improvement, and implementation;
Program relations and development
- Manage performance of direct reports in the work area through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews, and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- Build the capacity of staff to monitor or manage grants and awards as well as understand and implement compliance requirements from donors, and/or the Government of Rwanda.
- Maintain clear communication with both the functional (direct) line manager, donor, and the technical manager to foster a smooth working relation under the existing matrix structure.
RBJ representation, Coordination in both in internal and external activities
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with the team to strengthen programming and impact for the beneficiaries;
- Engage local authorities and make sure that RBJ is considered one of the preferred partners that supports our program line of implementation;
- Coordinate and ensure relevant information from interagency, coordination, sector, working group meetings are timely shared to a concerned staff, program area level.
- Coordinate effectively with volunteers, Donors, stakeholders, and other implementing partners to ensure our cause is advocated for and influenced at all levels.
- As necessary, participate in and strengthen interagency coordination on activities implemented through close liaison with other partners, and other stakeholders.
- Close monitoring of developments around the program activities, and provision of strategic advice to the response and the team leadership on RBJ’s programming and response options.
- Forster effective working relationships with all key external personnel mentioned above
- Work in close coordination with volunteers and implementing partners to ensure a response to beneficiaries is provided in a holistic manner.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling RBJ values;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same;
- Widely shares their personal vision for RBJ, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters;
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Always acts in the best interests of the beneficiaries
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University degree in relevant fields preferably Project Management, International Relations, Law, a masters in any of the mentioned fields is an added advantage;
- Previous exposure to similar or RBJ project management methodology would be an added advantage;
- Understanding of similar or RBJ’s administrative and operations management structures;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Proven project management skills;
- Report writing skills in English;
The salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience and the number of tasks to be taken on.
How to Apply:
Please email your application with a CV and cover letter (one page maximum for each) highlighting your key skills, supporting documents and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org cc. email@example.com by the 27th of May 2022 at 15:30hrs Rwandan time in Doc or Pdf Format marking that you are “Applying for the Programme Coordinator and M &E Role with RBJ” in capital letters.
The Cover letter should be addressed to:
The Head of Human resource
Rwanda Bridges to Justice
P.O. Box 6607
Century Park, Kigali-Rwanda
Suitable applicants will be contacted by Rwanda Bridges to Justice for an interview. Application that does not follow the instructions given or are incomplete will not be considered.
As a non-governmental organization, RBJ strives to respect and promote gender equality in all aspects of our work and we thus encourage female candidates to apply.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.