Livelihood Promotion and Employability Advisor at GIZ Rwanda: (Deadline 25 January 2022)
Internal Vacancy Announcement
Livelihood Promotion and Employability Advisor
The Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host Communities project Special Initiative Refugee (SI Refugee)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and Information and Communications Technology.
The Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host Communities project (Special Initiative Refugee) is a joint RwandanGerman Development Cooperation project implemented by GIZ, commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project aims to improve the economic inclusion of residents of Mahama, Mugombwa, and Kigeme Refugee Camps and neighbouring communities. The project facilitates interventions in the following fields of action: (1) improvement of framework conditions at national and local level, (2) business startups and expansions particularly in the refugee camps and surrounding areas, (3) professional development for young refugees and the youth from neighbouring communities and (4) psychosocial support for those in need.
A vacancy for a Livelihood Promotion and Employability Advisor has become available to support the SI Refugee team in the implementation of project interventions in Gisagara, Nyamagabe, and Huye District.
Duty Station: Huye
Fixed Term: one year (with possibility for extension till 31.08.2023)
The advisor is responsible for:
- Implementation of all field activities under the supervision of the Project Manager and in close cooperation with consultants and advisors in the key areas of enhancing framework conditions to promote local economic development to enhance economic inclusion of refugees and host communities, fostering conflict transformation and dialogue, and coordinating activities in the field of professional upgrading and entrepreneurship promotion in Gisagara, Nyamagabe, and Huye district.
- Supporting the local organizations and beneficiaries in the areas of employment promotion and professional qualification for refugees and inhabitants of host communities, with specific focus on agriculture (ie maize value chain) and cooperative development
The advisor performs the following tasks:
a. Enhancing framework conditions
- Supporting the rollout of studies to identify opportunities and challenges for integrated local economic development to promote (self-)employment of refugees
- On the basis of which the officer validates findings with local stakeholders regarding administrative barriers for inclusive economic development
- Facilitate the organization of campaigns and dialogue mechanisms to raise awareness on economic inclusion of refugees at district level
b. Activities of entrepreneurship promotion and business development
- Support the identification of capacity development measures for persons with the potential to become entrepreneurs, business creators, and MSMEs with growth potential to expand business operations in coordination with local partners
- Providing support to service providers and partner organizations in the development of business training programs and other capacity development measures, with a special focus on cooperative development
- Linking entrepreneurs with financial institutions, national or international investors
- Supporting the development of public-private partnerships or similar kinds of development partnerships
- Identifying and addressing gaps and barriers for economic development in the target region and liaising with District officials (e.g. Business Development and Employment Unit, Youth Development Alliance) and other key stakeholders
c. Vocational qualification measures and employability
- Providing technical support and advising on career guidance to the project technical team and local partners
- Supporting in developing concepts for the integration of young persons from refugee and host communities from qualification training to wage employment or self-employment
- Support the implementation of short-term training courses according to the standards of the Workforce Development Authority and identifying and advising organizations on career guidance services and follow up support
- Supporting private and public-sector partners in the development, implementation, and coordination of innovative qualification approaches (modern apprenticeship, dual training)
- Networking and cooperation management with private and public stakeholders in TVET.
d. Supporting activities for psychosocial support and conflict transformation
- Supporting the development of projects with local organizations in providing services to training providers, vocational schools, entrepreneurs, consultants to sensitize on the psychosocial impacts of displacement and instruments for conflict transformation.
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Master’s degree in economics, regional or business development or agriculture
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position in the fields livelihood promotion, employability, private sector development, and specifically with cooperatives.
- Experience working on economic inclusion, specifically on refugees, with public authorities such as district administrations is an asset
- Knowledge of the agricultural sector, specifically the maize value chain
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Strong project management and coordination skills as well as working experience with refugees and good understanding of the situation of refugee communities in Rwanda
- Strong advisory competency, high conceptual abilities, and understanding of development measures
- Finely tuned organisational skills and ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Able to work under little supervision but at the same time being a real team player
- Quick learner; affinity to numbers as well as good understanding of why details matter
- Persistent and focused on the tasks, but at the same time creative and open minded
- Very good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office); good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English, orally and written; ability to express oneself in clear sentences with relevant context; being able to write English with rigour and precision in grammar and spelling is an absolute must
- Excellent knowledge of Kinyarwanda, French is an asset
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until Tuesday 25th January 2022 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please, let us know if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to take into account when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
Rwanda GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.