Monitoring & Evaluation Manager at PIH – Partners In Health: (Deadline Ongoing)
- Act as or support executive sponsor(s) in multi-phase planning of identified programs/initiatives that support the high level strategy. Integrate organizational focus through measurement and consistent program reviews
- Centrally monitor timelines, performance, and track major milestones against targets, validate working group proposals, and provide updates and escalate issues to Senior Leadership, as needed
- Track progress of transformation and individual initiatives against milestones and targets using suitable metrics to identify areas of concern and ensure value capture is achieved at appropriate time and sustained into steady-state
- Support transformation effort through prioritizing and coordinating areas for appropriate functional support (finance, HR, IT, communications) and ensuring on-time execution against agreed upon tasks
- Coordinate the efforts of several cross-cutting working groups that might be formed to draft specific components of the plan
- Get significant program work done through cooperation with other groups across UGHE who have, in many cases, no direct reporting relationship to the position
- Meet regularly with initiative project leads and department heads to understand initiative progress, anticipate potential roadblocks to value capture, and actively resolve challenges by serving as a thought partner to make decisions on day-to-day execution and raising relevant issues to the Senior Leadership Team for further action
- Keep leadership apprised of all program elements including operations, deadlines, revisions, and financial status (as needed).
- Communicate and cascade information to employees in a timely manner and actively participate in the success of cross-organizational programs and initiatives
- Oversee day to day responsibilities of Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator. Set clear goals and objectives for the team and use metrics to measure performance and hold team accountable
- Motivate and encourage team; lead through change and adversity. Make decisions as needed and build consensus as appropriate
- Monitor the welfare, morale and professional/career trajectory of the project team in order to ensure a healthy and supportive work environment
- Provide coaching to improve performance and hold regular development discussions with direct reports. Recognize staff for their contributions
- Engage in root cause analysis, often without prompting from the Senior Leadership Team or others, on issues and opportunities that could impact UGHE’s executive agenda
- Confirm hypotheses through tactful and discrete engagement with the relevant parties
- Develop alternative approaches to addressing the problem or opportunity
- Succinctly update the Vice Chancellor on the issues, supported with facts and recommendations
- 4+ years of managerial experience required, preferably in a health care, medical education, or international setting
- Formal project management training or certification, such as Project Management Professional certification, highly desired
- A passion for excellence, and a unique ability to build strong relationships
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, good judgement and project management skills
- First class time management and organizational skills, with a strong ability to prioritize
- Master’s degree in either public or global health and/or master’s degree in Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Commitment to social justice and health care equity
- AGILITY: Flexible, results-oriented, and able to work in a project-driven environment with demonstrated ability to monitor and evaluate specific programs and projects.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Multi-tasking, project management and decision-making skills
- INFLUENCE: Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to engage key stakeholders
- LEADERSHIP: Demonstrated ability to lead and provide direction to all the project staff
- COMMUNICATION: Demonstrated ability to communicate to all stakeholders within and outside the outside the organization putting into consideration the cultural dimensions of all the stakeholders.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for equity and social justice.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great working environment that allows one to reach their greatest potential.
- Prospective career growth opportunities.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.