Frida Young Feminist Fund 2020 for Young Feminist Activists . Deadline : March 14, 2020.
This year, the call is open from February 13th to March 14th, 2020. All applications are to be sent online. You can apply in any ONE of the following seven languages: Arabic, English, French, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese OR Mandarin.
If you’ve applied in previous years, you’re welcome to apply again!
FRIDA grants are given to organizations and groups that are dedicated to:
- Improving the lives of girls, young women, trans and intersex youth at local, national, regional or international levels;
- Inclusive organizing;
- Collective action and feminist movement building;
Grantee organizations that FRIDA supports are led by girls, young women, trans and intersex youth, under the age of 30. At least 70% of your organization’s membership needs to be girls, young women, trans and intersex people under 30 and the leadership in the group needs to be girls, young women trans and intersex youth under 30.
You do not need to be a legally registered organization to apply.
Priority will be given to:
- Small, emerging grassroots groups with little or no access to funding from larger donors;
- Groups that have an overall budget less than 50,000USD;
- Groups, networks, or collectives based in:
a) Eastern, Western, Southern, Central Africa
b) South, Southeast, East Asia and the Pacific
c) Middle East and North Africa
d) Latin America and the Caribbean
e) Central, Southern, Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central and North Asia
- Groups that are made up of and/or working with socially excluded and disadvantaged girls, young women, trans and intersex youth, especially: refugees, ethnic, national and caste minorities, rural women, urban disadvantaged, lesbian, bisexual, trans and intersex youth, women and trans and intersex youth living with HIV and AIDS, sex workers, women and trans and intersex youth with disabilities, women and trans and intersex youth living or working in armed conflicts and post conflict zones, women and trans and intersex youthlead unions, groups working on climate justice, land rights;
- Groups using creative and innovative strategies to further their activism (including art, music, culture, poetry, social media, feminist activist driven research etc.);
- Groups located in remote, underserved areas.