India Science Festival ISAAC: Tell a tech-tale, Spin a sci-verse: (Deadline 15 October 2020)
India Science Festival calls application for ISAAC: Tell a tech-tale, Spin a sci-verse
Science fiction is a genre of writing based on the amalgamation of science with imagination and fantasy. It is based on scientific theories, inventions, discoveries, ideas, and principles, while sometimes being speculative, abstract, presenting ethical dilemmas and even being dystopian. This is an opportunity to
- Get mentored by acclaimed science fiction writers.
- Read your story out to the global online audience at ISMO 2021.
- Get your work published on our website, win exciting cash prizes.
- 1st position: $400
- 2nd position: $250
- 3rd position: $150
The competition is mainly for writers of 17 years and above but the India Science Festival will yet not discourage entries from others. There are no restrictions on background, education, or nationality. The contest is looking at bringing attention to all you talented people, who can combine science with creativity
Rules and Regulations
- Your science story/poem should be strictly under 1500 words. Entries exceeding the word limit will be automatically disqualified.
- All entries must be original. This means that your poem or story should not have been published elsewhere, in any form. The entry should not be previously submitted to any competition (online or offline). In short, contests need you to be as original and imaginative as possible.
- The story or poem can be based on any science topic. If you are using a current science or tech concept in your story, do make sure to give an accurate representation.
- The contest wouldn’t want to misinform audiences, sensationalize an issue, or propagate fake science.
- Entries are open in English primarily. If you wish to submit a story in another language, please write, India Science Fest will do their best to accommodate your request.
- All interested participants should register here.
- The portal for submitting your entries will open on 1st September 2020. The deadline is 15th October 2020.