The Alliance Française de Nairobi Kenyan Smartphone Film Competition 2020 for young Kenyans (KShs.175,000 cash prize): (Deadline 27 September 2020)
The 5th edition of the Alliance Française de Nairobi Kenyan Smartphone Film Competition is programmed in October and will coincide with the 2020 French Film Festival (7 to 10 October 2020). 2020 THEME ‘World Mpya’ / ‘Un Nouveau Monde’
The Alliance Française de Nairobi is the Promoter of the Smartphone Film Competition.
- The Smartphone Film Competition is open to all entrants 18yrs and above resident in Kenya.
- Entrants must submit their films by midnight Sun. 27th September 2020.
- Competition participation is free of charge.
- Only one film per entrant will be accepted.
- All films must be shot using smartphones.
- Films cannot exceed 4 minutes including credits.
- All genres accepted.
- Entries must be based on theme ‘World Mpya’ / ‘Un Nouveau Monde’.
- It is permissible to use any software or apps for editing, post-production, or treatment of images.
- It is permissible to use external devices for audio recording.
- Films can be in English, French, Kiswahili or a mixture of these languages.
- Films can be in any one of the following video formats: MP4, AVI, WMV.
- Films can be submitted on USB drive or electronically by Wetransfer to: [email protected]
- Films must be entrant’s own original work and must not have been previously published or distributed in any form.
- The work must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary
rights of any person or entity.
- Entrant must have permission from all individuals featured in the film and all individuals must have been
made aware of entry to the competition.
- Any issue(s) that may arise due to the infringement of copyrights is the entrant’s sole responsibility. The
Promoter will not be responsible for any infringement of copyrights.
- Entrant is responsible for ensuring all relevant permits have been obtained when developing the film.
- Entrant consents to grant free, non-exclusive, unlimited online and broadcast use of work submitted to
the Promoter for non-commercial information and promotional purposes.
- Any entry that at the discretion of the Promoter is deemed to be defamatory or discriminatory will be
- Entrant shall indemnify the Promoter from any third-party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind
and from any damages, liabilities and costs related to or arising out of breach of any of the agreements
of entrant hereunder.
- Promoter shall appoint a Jury for the selection of the 1st and 2nd Prize.
- Evaluation criteria: Storytelling, relevance to subject, cinematography, film editing, sound and music.
- Official selection of films will be screened daily from 5th to 8th October 2020.
- The winners: 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and People’s Choice will be awarded cash prizes of KShs100,000/-, KShs.50,000/- and KShs.25,000/- respectively on Friday, 9th October 2020 at the Alliance Française de Nairobi.