UN-Habitat LaCoMoFa Youth Photography Competition 2021: (Deadline 31 March 2021)
Applications are open for UN-Habitat LaCoMoFa Youth Photography Competition 2021. The competition invites photographers across the globe to engage creatively with the topic “valuing our communities, cities and regions” and to submit their photographs.
UN-Habitat and the Laboratory of Architecture and Environmental Design (LaCoMoFa) of Biskra University invite young photographers and students from all over the world to submit images documenting their communities’ contributions to improving the quality of life in cities and highlighting the connections between urban and rural areas and the links between cities and their regions.
UN-Habitat LaCoMoFa Youth Photography Competition has the following thematic categories
- Communities contribution to the city and region social-cultural values.
- Communities contribution to the city and region economic values.
- Communities contribution to the city and region environmental values.
- Communities contribution to the city and region innovative values.
- Communities’ actions in cities and regions.
- The top five winners (one per thematic) will receive an award certificate from the organizer partners.
- Winning and selected photos will be presented in an online public exhibition on both UN-Habitat and LaCoMoFA social media and digital platforms (UN-Habitat Urban Policy Platform).
- Winning and selected photos will be featured in upcoming publications of UN-Habitat and LaCoMoFa. Photo authors will receive full acknowledgment in the publication.
- Participants must be between 18 to 35 to qualify as a participant.
- Participants from all over the world are encouraged.
- Participants are allowed five entries (maximum five photos are expected per submission, therefore up to 5 photo
- Images should be submitted in JPEG in TIFF in high resolution (900 px wide, 72 dpi).
- All submitted images will be displayed on UN-Habitat Policy, Legislation and Governance Section social media and LaCoMoFa social media for public voting (April, 2021).
- Five images will be selected as the overall winning piece (one image per thematic category).
- Winners will be selected based on public voting results and by a joint jury composed by members of the Dept of Architecture LaCoMoFa/Biskra and UN-Habitat.