Call for Expression of Interest: UN FAO Fellowship Program: (Deadline 9 August 2021)
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations calls applications for UN FAO Fellowship Program. The Fellows Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers, and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization. They are willing to fulfill their specialized learning objectives and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO. Assignments should be in line with FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
The candidate on this UN FAO Fellowship Program will report to an assigned supervisor and will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization. In addition to that, the fellow will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR), prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the fellow
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in IAU/UNESCO database) educational institution at the time of the application.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Age: no age limits.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Fellows Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.