Digital Curation Institute Fellowship 2021/2022 in Canada: (Deadline 31 March 2021)
Applications call for Digital Curation Institute Fellowship 2021/2022 in Canada. The Digital Curation Institute (DCI) at the Faculty of Information at the University of Toronto is an interdisciplinary research unit uniting leading researchers in digital curation in a broad, inclusive perspective on the field, with the aim to provide a vibrant space of investigation, exchange and discussion (http://dci.ischool.utoronto.ca).
This Digital Curation Institute Fellowship position is open for a curious individual who pursues creative friction and synergies across disciplinary boundaries, especially those between the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and engineering, design, computing and technology.
- Funding: A stipend of $10,000 CAD.
- Community: The Fellow will be integrated into the intellectual life at the DCI and the Faculty of Information. As part of this, the Fellow will be given the opportunity to be significantly involved with the organization of the funded lecture series at the DCI, which brings leading international guest speakers to Toronto.
- Support network: Embedding into the social and intellectual fabric of UofT, the Faculty of Information, the Digital Curation Institute, and partnering institutes such as the McLuhan Centre for Culture and Technology provides a unique support network within a vibrant and growing intellectual environment
State-of-the-art facilities: The Fellow will have full access to the new lab for data-intensive approaches to digital curation with cutting-edge collaboration, visualization and data-intensive computing technology. The lab is located in the newly redesigned Inforum at the iSchool.
A platform for discourse, community and visibility through the involvement in the organization of the lecture series and the opportunity to hold lectures and workshops at the DCI and the Faculty of Information.
Recognition: The fellowship is awarded annually through a competitive process, and announced and promoted publicly.
- Digital Curation Institute Fellowship is open to an academic faculty member (at any level), adjunct instructor, industry professional, grduate student or postdoctoral fellow.
- Each of the categoriws is given equal consideration.
- Only one Fellowship will be awarded each year.
- Excellence of researcher (taking into account the career stage; as evidenced through CV and letters),
- Originality and excellence of proposed research (including quality of work plan and outcomes),
- Relevance of proposal to the areas described above, and
- Contribution of the proposed fellowship to the DCI and the Faculty of Information (contributions to teaching, research and the community within and outside the Faculty).
- CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY