Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Metropolitan State University of Denver: (Deadline 12 April 2021)
Applications call for a One-year Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Psychology at the Metropolitan State University of Denver. This position provides mental health services and works collaboratively with the Counseling Center staff and other departments in the Divisions of Student Affairs and Academic Affairs to enhance student retention and success.
The candidate on this One-year Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Psychology at the Metropolitan State University of Denver will do the following duties
- Provides individual, group, initial evaluation, and crisis intervention to a diverse student body in the University’s Counseling Center; utilizing brief and short-term models of psychotherapy, under supervision by Licensed Psychologists.
- Provides supervision to graduate student trainees in mental health.
- Conducts outreach presentations on mental health and diversity topics to undergraduate and graduate classes and a variety of minority groups including gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, and transgender persons, the differently abled, ethnically diverse and cultural populations.
- Completed requirements for the doctorate in Counseling/Clinical Psychology.
- A minimum of one-year APA-Approved internship at a university/college Counseling Center.
- Clinical practicum or externship experience at two of the following: community mental health centers, university or college counseling centers; private mental health clinics, hospitals, forensic settings, or substance abuse facilities’
- Experience with brief and short-term models of psychotherapy.
- Experience in conducting outreach presentations.
- Experience with substance abuse prevention and intervention
- Experience and interest in working with diverse populations.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish.
- Previous experience with the supervision of mental health trainees.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to building a team environment.
- Previous experience and strong interest in working in a university/college counseling center environment.
- Previous experience in utilizing an electronic health records system.
- Strong interest in interacting with the on-campus academic community.
- Experience with the provision of telebehavioral health.